1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Expiring Car Pool stickers and AB bill 1500

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mitch23, May 19, 2010.

1. mitch23

mitch23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I really need this bill to pass...so I'm asking all you car pool sticker holders to call your state senator office about AB1500. I just received this letter from Assembly member Ted Lieu...his bill is on the senate floor. We we need to make sure this is passed...so get on the phone or email your state senator and get Arnold to sign this before the end of the year. I've done it...and now Im asking for help from the Priuschat community.

Here is the letter I received today:
    ==== ===== ====
    Thank you for contacting our office regarding AB 1500 (Lieu), that would extend HOV lane access privileges to 2014 for clean fuel vehicles

This bill is currently on the Senate Floor and we anticipate it coming up for a vote in the near future. Last year, the Senate policy committee requested that we make this a two year bill to allow for further study. After their review, the committee concluded that HOV lane privileges for clean fuel vehicles should be maintained and confirmed their support for AB 1500.

We anticipate it going to the Governor for his consideration well in advance of the January 2011 sunset in current law.

Please do not hesitate to contact our office at (310) 615-3515 should you have any questions or if you would like a subsequent update on the status of this bill.

1 person likes this.