1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exploding Grandma's

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Dec 4, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 4 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]357516[/snapback]</div>
    You could be right - almost like the current conflict with Islamoterrorism. A battle of ideologies.... And someone gets a gold star.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 4 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]357517[/snapback]</div>
    name calling I thought was against the by-laws of the bb. It also demonstrates a lack of intelligent responses to the questions at hand.

why do you think that Jews did not have a right to that land?

And what were you going to do if anything about the consequences of the Holocost?????

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]357547[/snapback]</div>
    ROFL!!!!

You want to tell us about the by-laws of the bb dbermanmd? What a joke! :D :D :D

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Dec 4 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]357523[/snapback]</div>
    And so it goes, again, and again, hiding, obfuscating. It is really ok to tell the truth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Dec 4 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]357553[/snapback]</div>
    Name calling is ok? I just want to know. I think you can answer this question if you want to - can you?

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]357560[/snapback]</div>
    You're really funny today. My stomach hurts from laughing! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]357560[/snapback]</div>
    Again, I'm not answering any questions you ask me until you answer the ones I asked you.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 4 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]357538[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting but completely flawed reasoning.

Maybe the Palestinians need the time-out considering Israel just ponied up the entire Gaza Strip and got war in return?

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The quote button did not work. So..
    Me:
    dbermanmd:
    Why must there be a religious nation where people of other religions are second-class citizens? The goal of any civilized person should be that every person has a place in which to live peacefully and with full rights. In my opinion, in the Middle east, this can only be achieved by a one-state solution, in which both Jews and Palestinians live equally, with a separation of religion from government. Clearly, the U.S-style winner-takes-all "democracy" would not be suitable. A proportional democracy, of the type that Israel grants its own people, would work better. Thus the basic structure of government need not be changed. Just get rid of the laws that favor one religion over another, and perhaps prohibit rabbis and mullahs from occupying government posts.

My second point was meant to counter your assertion that the Palestinians are more brutal than Israel.

You want to go farther back than the Ottoman Empire? Perhaps you want to use the Biblical argument that "god gave it to us"? I've already answered this point. See my earlier posting.

In the end, we live in the present, and any solution must be in the present. I have offered what I see as the only solution: an end to the ethic of vengeance, and a one-state solution, where both peoples would have a home. The added benefit (besides peace!) would be the strongest nation in the region. The cost is that both sides would have to give up their hatred. I guess it's asking too much: You can have peace and prosperity but you have to give up your hatred. On both sides they'd rather have their hate than peace and prosperity for themselves and theior grandchildren.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]357547[/snapback]</div>
    Give us Germany, or a goodly chunk of it. Nice arable land, instead of a worthless piece of desert with nothing but religious symbolism.

And of course the Romani people should have gotten a goodly chunk of Germany too. Nobody suggested compensating them. Are a mere two million dead insufficient to be considered a holocaust?

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Dec 4 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]357539[/snapback]</div>
    My most sincere apologies if my statement was taken in offense... Obviously, there were exceptions, i was merely basing it on the more recent history and referring to the immigration in the 1920's which appears to have led to the current conflict.

And to answer your two questions, Doberman:
    I never said the Jews didn't have a right to the land. putting words in my mouth again, and reinforcing what i said earlier. good argument. Instead, i gave a brief history of the area and asked some hard questions that i didn't have answers to.

Consequences of the Holocost... lets see... i wasn't even alive then, so i was going to do precisely what i had done for the millions of years prior to that: absolutely nothing. But i see that you would prefer to take a people that were displaced from their homes by a fascist regime intent in exterminating their people and ship them all off into an isolated part of the world where you wouldn't have to see or interact with them. Sounds to me like you're just one step away from Hitler, my friend.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 4 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]357566[/snapback]</div>
    Last I checked the 20% of Israel that are Arab/Muslim/Catholic have a vote and rights and have access to a fair and balanced judiciary. How many Jews in the PA can vote - much less be as free as their brothers are in Israel?

What Israeli laws favor Jews over non-Jews??

You obviously favor the Iraq invasion to get rid of Saddam - reading your first paragraph :lol:

Your second point remains pointless.

Did not realize you answered the who was there first argument - missed it - must have been earth shaking or self-serving.

Do you think the Arabs will tolerate the Jews in a single state solution?? If so, provide me one example of a Arab country you would follow in terms of its government that provides such?

Israel would rather have hatred. Lets see. In the six years since Israel WITHDREW from Lebanon it build a world class economy and education system and health care system and what did the arabs build - a military. Are you that naive? Still?

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

What happened to the homes the Jews lived in before the Holocaust?

10. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]357580[/snapback]</div>
    LOL do you even know what you're talking about?

Yes, Israel is completely and totally dedicated to peace, their world class, best funded in the area military is clearly not a factor in your arguments.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 4 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]357584[/snapback]</div>
    and you think the Palestinians are more interested in peace - i guess thats why they send grandmothers to blow themselves up and kill those around them?

what did they offer for peace? name one thing they have put on the table for peace -JUST ONE THING.....

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 4 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]357566[/snapback]</div>
    You are naive. This is not going to work. The two sides did not get along during the British Mandate days when Palestine was ruled by a supposedly neutral entity. Arab Sunni and Shiite Moslems cannot get along with each other in Iraq. Arab Shiite and Sunni Moslems, Druze and Maronite Christians are unable to live peacefully with each other in Lebanon. There is not a single member state of the Arab League which is a democracy. What makes you so sure that Arab and Jews will peacefully live with or along each other in the Land of Israel? Arab school curriculum, even in the Palestinian Authority ruled areas, still advocates driving the Jews into the sea.

By the way, one state solution is often used as code language by advocates of wiping Israel off the face of the Earth and replacing it with an Arab Palestinian nation.

Obviously you haven't a clue as to the modern State of Israel. The people of Israel literally made the desert bloom.

The Romani are entitled to have a homeland in their ancestral lands, wherever those may be.

13. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]357587[/snapback]</div>
    Once again, putting words in my mouth. Get this through your thick head: I NEVER SAID THAT.

I never said i thought one side was more dedicated than the other to peace. I simply pointed out the fallacy in your statement. Make one statement here that isn't putting words in someones mouth or spouting incorrect or slanted information. please. It's getting old having all of our arguments go straight over your head. It's like arguing with a little kid... "I know you are but what am i? your mom!"

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 4 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]357593[/snapback]</div>
    you are not getting it. israel is more interested in peace - why did they give the gaza strip back ?????????????
    trust me your arguments are not even reaching my ankles.

15. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Deep respect to the first few replies on this thread, folks. Firmly putting this apostrophe abuser in his place. It's reassuring to see some Americans with a sense of reality and perspective, despite your media propaganda.

But I still can't help but wonder "exploding Grandma's what, exactly?"

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Dec 4 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]357597[/snapback]</div>
    ?

17. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]357595[/snapback]</div>
    Give it back??? This is the gaza strip totally sealed off by the Israeli military? The one with the demolished airport? The one without control of its own water supply, or coastline? It's a giant, open-air prison.

Maybe if you let them get the airport operational, gave them control of their airspace and let them get a sea port running, you could talk about them "having it back". Otherwise, you're frankly delusional. Or inhuman.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 4 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]357598[/snapback]</div>
    OMG you don't even get that joke? Can my stomach take much more of this? You really do need help with your English.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Dec 4 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]357599[/snapback]</div>
    lets see - they using force remove their own citizens and give it back to the PA - and get 1,000 kassams fired at them - is that their funny way of wanting peace? and you want them to have an air force and navy - bright idea bro. Open air prison?

delusions are those that think the Palestinians want peace - you still cannot name one thing they have done to suit for peace can you ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

20. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 4 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]357578[/snapback]</div>
    No offense taken. Just setting the record straight.

Modern era return of Jews to the Land of Israel commenced with the First Aliya which followed pogroms in Russia in 1881-1882. Nearly 35,000 Jews came to Palestine during that time.

The next wave of immigration was known as the Second Aliya, 1904-1914. 40,000 Jews immigrated during this period. It ended with the beginning of the First World War.

The Third Aliya, 1919-1923, was a continuation of the Second Aliya at the conclusion of the war. It was triggered by the October Revolution in Russia, the ensuing pogroms there and in Poland and Hungary, the British conquest of Palestine and the Balfour Declaration. It also consisted of 40,000 migrants and by its end there were 90,000 Jews in British ruled Palestine.

The Fourth Aliya, 1924-1929, was a direct result of the economic crisis and anti-Jewish policies in Poland, along with the introduction of stiff immigration quotas by the United States. It brought 82,000 Jews to Palestine, of whom 23,000 left.

The Fifth Aliya, 1929-1939, followed the Nazi accession to power in Germany (1933) and the persecution of the Jews' there. Within a four-year period (1933-1936), 174,000 Jews settled in the country.

By 1940, nearly 250,000 Jews had arrived during the Fifth Aliya (20,000 of them left later) and the Jewish population in Mandatory Palestine reached 450,000.

Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Aliya and Absorption

The Jewish Agency for Israel - The Department for Jewish Zionist Education - New Aliyah - Modern Zionist Aliyot (1882 - 1948)

Wikipedia® - Aliyah