1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extendable Visor, Clean Install

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by LuvMy2010, May 27, 2011.

1. LuvMy2010

LuvMy2010 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've spent an hour searching through old threads and have found nothing specific about this issue. I am looking for a replacement visor for the driver side, which can be extended. Surely, another Toyota model's visor will fit the Prius without looking ridiculous. Yes, I know it may interfere with the side airbag. I want one any way. Yes, I know there are numerous, cheesy aftermarket options, which equate to a rubber band and a piece of cardboard. I'm not interested in those. I've seen suggestions made for using a lexus, yaris, or matrix extendable visor as a replacement, but I have not seen a thread that shows anyone being successful in any such venture. Has anyone replaced the teeny tiny sun visor with an extendable variety from another car?

2. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've tried several commercially made flip down and roll down contraptions, but the best solution so far is a piece of thin plastic (or cardboard) and a couple of rubber bands. I would love a Toyota solution

3. LuvMy2010

LuvMy2010 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I may go to the dealership today with a tape measure and just start measuring the visors of other Toyota models. Surely, there's a Matrix, Corolla, or Yaris visor that will work!

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It has been reported that a HS 250h visor may fit. do not know if anybody has gotten one an installed it though.

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

5. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been trying to find one recently (again) at a cheaper price from an aftermarket supplier/reseller, but can't find any HS250h ones that are extendable... AND, I was reading in this review of the Lexus here 2010 Lexus HS 250h Hybrid Review that they didn't think the extendable sun visor on it did much....