1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended Range Electric Vehicle Focus Groups...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rancid13, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Has anyone done any of these lately? Just curious if any other Prius owners have been handpicked.

I've done 2 in the last 3 months for a local research company, 1 of which was this past weekend. I have a feeling it has to do with the Chevy Volt, but they were very hush-hush about what automotive company for which the research is being done. They've been kind of interesting, you get to walk around to different displays and vehicles and give your opinion on various items. Previously I had only been to focus groups where 10-15 people sit around a table and have a discussion. I had submitted emails for focus group ads I found on Craigslist, that's how they found me. They said they picked me b/c I have a Prius (as I had stated on the info sheet I emailed to them initially). I noticed upon arrival and departure there was a nice handful of Prii and HCH's in the parking lot. At the end of my 1st focus group meeting, they pulled me into a room with another girl (she was a BMW owner) to ask us some one-on-one questions and be recorded on camera. We were by far the youngest people in the building.

Plus, I've gotten $175 for 2-3 hours of my time and free snacks and drinks.

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Or, maybe they are wanting to determine what the price point for any car would be for extended range? If it is GM as the company paying for the focus groups, I am wondering if the research is going to be used to justify killing off the Volt. Call me skeptical, but I just don't see GM having their heart into the electric vehicle.