1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

extended warranty for parts

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by sleepy, May 15, 2012.

1. sleepy

sleepy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi I just purchased a Prius, and the finance asked me to buy the warranty. If we decided not to move forward with it, the cost would just be credited to the monthly payments. I was wondering if anyone purchased the extended warranty when you bought yours? Thanks in advance!

2. gwoodward

gwoodward New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Hi Sleepy,

I just purchased a V3 (I'm picking it up this morning) and have an opinion on extended warranties. If you do not keep your car past the manufactures warranty period, you will be wasting your money. I am plan on buying an extended warranty but not until the Toyota warranty expires. I will be buying the extended warranty for my wife’s Acura when it expires in two months. There is a PC member that sells extended warranties at a good price; sorry I don’t remember his name.
    Anyone please correct me if I am wrong about the extended warranty. Does anyone know if the PC extended warranty seller also caries the warranties for Acura?

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five