1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extending Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by OverTork, Apr 2, 2006.

1. OverTork

OverTork Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Has anyone extended their extended warranty? I'm wondering how they do it. Do they void the original contract and initiate a new one or do they just add on the additional time/miles to the original contract? The reason I ask is I have the Platinum plan and it looks like I may need to extend the miles to cover the time until the car's paid off. My concern is there appear to have been changes to the terms of the coverage since I bought my plan and there may be more before I'm sure I need the extra miles. This is why I would like to know if the extension continues under the original terms or the new ones? If the terms change do they change immediately or at the end of the original contract period.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What i sometimes did with Chrysler warranties and I think you can do it with Toyota is to buy a used car warranty just before 100k mi extended warranty runs out, but you gotta check with Troy to see for sure

3. OverTork

OverTork Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the suggestion. If I decide to keep her longer than 100K I will consider that. What I'm interested in though is extending the Platinum plan I have. I financed for four years and bought the 4 year/65 K mile plan. It's starting to look like I may exceed the mileage before the four years are up. In June I will have had the car for one full year and will be better able to judge if I'm going to need to extend the warranty further.

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Better ask Troy about that....

5. taaustin

taaustin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OverTork @ Apr 2 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]233881[/snapback]</div>

There may have been a bit of confusion about your description. Just for the record I also have a "Platinum" warranty but it's of the 100K mi variety. So the metal in the name does not designate how many miles it lasts.

hope that helps clarify a bit.

Terry

6. OverTork

OverTork Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for the feedback. I was told when puchasing my 4yr/36,000 mi. Platinum plan I could purchase additional time/miles at any point before the car reached 3yrs or 36,000 miles. I just wondered if anyone else had done this and if so what was the cost and how did it affect the terms of the contract?

7. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OverTork @ Apr 3 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]234269[/snapback]</div>

I will be interested in hearing what you find out. I have a 7yr/75,000mile Platinum plan and tried to extend it before my 36,000 miles rolled over. I was told I couldn't do it, I was to far into my first 36,000 miles. I can't remember the details, hopefully the guy who sells the warranties here can explain it to you.