1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exterior B Pillar Mold (Passenger) Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jimmyoakes89, Jan 11, 2021.

1. jimmyoakes89

jimmyoakes89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey!

I recently got a 2012 Prius and over the weekend the B Pillar for the passenger door cracked due to a tree branch falling. Been trying to find pieces of service manual (with no luck) and been digging the parts directories... Would really appreciate if someone can help by confirming the part and possibly share the section from the repair manual. (is it just glued or is it screwed?)

- I assume this is related part directory - /62953789__6711659/SIDE-MOULDING/224420-7503.html

upload_2021-1-11_14-34-4.png

and the part needed for passenger seat front Pillar B will be 75755C? /Door-Reveal-Molding-Left--Front--Rear/62953789/7575647020.html)

upload_2021-1-11_14-33-21.png

- How is it removed and re-fitted? Does it have screws or is it just taped in? (is 75792 the screw needed? Can it be reused or do I need a new one?)

Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

Central Virginian likes this.
  2. jimmyoakes89

jimmyoakes89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Managed to confirm the part... Has anyone replaced one of these? What would the process be? Thank you very much!

3. Designated_david

Designated_david Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hi JimmyOakes89,

I have a 2014 Prius V and I have a similar situation. My car suffered heat damage due to an arsonist setting fire to the adjacent vehicle. The heat melted the plastics on the mirror cover and B-pillar plastics on the passenger side, but everything else is fine. I ordered replacements. I'm waiting for the parts to arrive today. I can confirm that 75755-47020 is the part that I ordered for the front door on the passenger side, and 75761-47020 was what I ordered for the rear passenger door.

To take these off, you'll need to move a small corner of the weatherstripping on the door out of the way, you'll see an off-white clip at the top, and then there's a black clip that appears almost as a cover down toward its base. Remove that black clip with a small trim tool or small flat-blade screwdriver, then use some pliers to squeeze on that white clip at the top, and peel it back from the top down. You will find that there's an adhesive holding this on, as these clips protrude into the car's interior and without sealant/adhesive, this can allow water/weather intrusion into the cab.

I haven't done the replacement as of the time of writing this reply, but I can say you're on the right track. But, good luck finding the parts, I believe one dealer that distributes through Ebay says these are discontinued, or have an unusually long lead time.

I'm also struggling to find out what the adhesive is that holds these on. Its almost like the stuff that holds the plastic sheeting on under the door panel, but stronger. I also don't know if this is pre-applied to the new parts. But, whatever you use, it will have to be weatherproof.

Good luck!

4. Designated_david

Designated_david Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just a quick update, I received my trims this morning and installed them. The adhesive is a variant of the same stuff that holds your new credit cards to the paper they're attached to in the envelope, just a bit stronger. I can now confirm that the adhesive is pre-applied to the trim and no other products need to be purchased. Like all adhesives, it's always advisable to remove the old stuff before you apply the new stuff. Basically, it's remove, cleanup, and replace. Once they're in place, press and seal. It really is that simple.

Good luck!

5. Central Virginian

Central Virginian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of these just fell off my 2007 Prius. Is the replacement process above the same for 07? Is there a video anywhere showing how to replace?