1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fabric seat repair?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by AubreyIII, Jan 22, 2017.

1. AubreyIII

AubreyIII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just bought a 2011 Prius. The car is in very good condition, with the exception of the driver's seat cushion. It has a 1" cut or tear in the fabric. Has anybody had any success with repairing the fabric? I've seen repair kits online but they look like some sort of colored glue - not sure if that would end up looking worse than the rip. Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! i don't recall reading about it, but if no luck, what about seat covers? or i suppose an upholstery shoppe.
    all the best!(y)

3. heyphillip

heyphillip Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have the same issue with my 2010 Prius IV not 4 because only 2010 Prius used uppercase roman numerals for model designation with leather seats. The passenger and back seats are in imaculant condition like new but drivers seat the leather is starting to wear badly

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Lightning Racer

Lightning Racer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2010 Prius IV had a split seam in the driver's side leather seat bottom when I bought the car used, as well as a minor tear on the side of the seat (in vinyl). An upholstery shop removed the seat, took off the cover and stitched it up for me for $150. He even put on a new side panel where the tear was for free. I was happy with the cost. I found the shop I used on Yelp. It was a one-man shop that specialized in car upholstery (especially restoring fancy old cars), but a furniture upholstery shop should be able do the repair.