1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory alarm part numbers for USA Prius C One

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Boberic, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Boberic

Boberic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Greetings all,

I've recently acquired a slightly used 2013 Prius C One with keyless entry. I'd like to get an alarm in it. My previous car was a 2003 Corolla and the "factory" alarm for that wasn't too bad an install--mostly just removing trim pieces and plugging in connectors, although it did have something like 2-4 splices.

I'm thinking anything aftermarket would require a lot more splices unless it just made a noise and did nothing else. Additionally, I'd like to keep it original looking and functioning with the original keyless entry.

So I can shop around, does anybody have the correct part number for the VIP 3200+ unit that works with factory installed keyless entry on the 2013 Prius C?

2. Boberic

Boberic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Responding to my own post so others can benefit...

The pt398-52121 was the right unit.

Took about 4 hours for me to install, but I'm no pro, so expect that amount of time or less. Basically, the hardest part was finding the pre-wired connector. I bet a pro could do it in 1 hour, it really was that easy.

The install for the corolla was about 5 times harder.

ftl likes this.