1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory amp wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Heiyu92, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Heiyu92

Heiyu92 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    does anyone have or have access to look up the factory wiring diagram for the amp? I wanted to install a sub and amp in my Prius prime but couldn’t find any info on what wires in need to tap into. Thanks!

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Electrical Wiring Diagram (EM32D0U) and Repair Manual (RM32D0U) for the Prius Prime are available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com.

In the EWD, the Stereo Component Amplifier Assembly, standard equipment on the Prius Prime Advanced, is shown in the System Circuit section, under Audio/Visual/Telematics: Audio System (Separate Type Amplifier) and Audio/Video/Telematics: Safety Connect.

The Repair Manual, in the section Audio/Visual/Telematics: Navigation/Multi Info Display: Navigation System, has two relevant topics. System Diagram has a block diagram (at the bottom of the page, under “for 10 Speakers”), and Terminals of ECU has a chart describing the functions of the amplifier’s connectors, I63 and I64.

Note that the amplifier doesn’t just receive sound signals and amplify them for the loudspeakers; it also has digital AVC-LAN communication with the Navigation Receiver Assembly, plus audio and muting connections to the Telematics Transceiver and a speed pulse input from the Combination Meter.

Keep in mind that the factory-installed amplifier, located under the driver’s seat, was designed not to use much power. It’s fused at 10 amperes and probably draws no more than 75% of that at maximum load. This is important, since the 12-volt electrical system on the Prius Prime uses a DC-DC converter rated at 100 amperes, not an alternator, but it has to supply essential loads including the electric power steering, brake booster, water pump, and cooling fans.

citiprius and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. Rexq

Rexq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Did you ever figure this out? I’m trying to install an alpine ktp-445tu and want to do it behind the dash.

Any help would be great.

4. Rashid K

Rashid K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I’m goinh to first change the speakers then add the alpine ktp-445U as well, that’s the only amp that Crutchfield reccomends using as its under 30amps

5. zackv23

zackv23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

6. rick.fiddler

rick.fiddler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking to install a subwoofer and need the amp wiring info for a 2018 Prius 4. Speakers to powered sub and remote out Any help appreciated