1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Aux console plug to aftermarket stereo

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ajwatuc, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Ajwatuc

Ajwatuc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone done this im wondering if there is a plug and play option or would i have to splice the wires to a 3.5mm jack

2. FriarNurgle

FriarNurgle Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Save up a bit more and get a better aftermarket stereo with proper USB aux input.

3. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I can't read the op's post because the advertising on the page is covering part of it, just sayin
    Seems you have to get the sheep to read the material before they are going to buy the farm;) just sayin

4. FriarNurgle

FriarNurgle Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try using Ad Blocker.

5. Ajwatuc

Ajwatuc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a usb on my head unit too, but lets stick to the question.

6. TenCrawler

TenCrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone? I'm going to finish my install this weekend, and I was hoping to do it all at once, but it seems no one has an answer for how this connection works. I will update with what I find out. I am going to use the rear expansion port on my new HU for the console AUX input, and they have two available add-on adapters to choose from; an RCA or 3.5mm Male. I want to see which will allow for the most "seamless" install.

7. FrankB

FrankB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can't post links but do a google search for "Adding a free Aux in to a 2007 Prius" and it has the pinout for the AUX connector. You should be able to ignore the Aux Sense (pin 19) and wire up the Audio signals (pin 15, 16 and 17).

Frank

8. TenCrawler

TenCrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perfect. I think the 3.5mm adapter will be easier to splice than the RCA (3 wires vs 4 wires). Thanks for the help.