1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by voltic, Oct 9, 2011.

1. voltic

voltic New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I was in a relative's Sienna today and I'm thinking to myself as they back out, "Huh. They have a very similar nav and camera system, why don't I have guidance lines on my camera?"

I pulled out my manual and from what I can tell, I'm supposed to have guidance/distance lines. What's the deal?

[​IMG]

2. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe you will only have the guidance lines if you have a Prius V w/atp, which has the parking guidance features. The lines you are talking about appear on my MFD.

3. voltic

voltic New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's silly... the lines would be such an easy software modification on Toyota's part and really help at lining up a fast back-in. A shame, really. Coming from Japan, I almost exclusively back into spots out of sheer habit, and having the lines was invaluable.

4. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A lot of us who have fitted cheap ebay cameras to our lesser prii get guidance lines. Seems like guidance lines are built into the camera not the head unit.

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    +1 - if you like the lines, buy a $40 camera on Ebay, and swap cameras (and BTW - you could probably sell your Toyota camera for more than $40). I personally really like the lines - they give a nice perspective to what's going on in reverse.....

6. voltic

voltic New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I might just do that. Still, you sort of expect at least some of the little things to be included when you pay this much for a car. I'm a little confused how having the ATP should mean anything for what's essentially an overlay on the video. Oh well, I'll add this to my list of gripes to correct. At least they've all been relatively small. :)