1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory EV Switch-Which Dealers are Installing it?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sdgeiger, Feb 23, 2006.

1. sdgeiger

sdgeiger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know if there is a sticky thread about this, but I thought it would be a great idea if there was a single thread that lists the various dealers throughout the country that have been willing to install the factory EV switch.

Personally, I'd love to have the factory EV switch, but I do not feel comfortable installing it on my own, as I'm sure many others feel as well.

If you know of a dealer that has installed it, please list their name, address, and telephone number.

2. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

dealers in this area that would install it are very few and far between. I called around actually when I wanted my block heater installed and pratically got laughed at. I think there are more dealers in the south that know about this stuff. I got my ev switch and the first warm day when I have time I am planning on installing it.

my suggestion: do what Tony P. did (he's a mod) take it to a group setting- get together. can't hurt and you should have plenty of knowledgeable folks there. I was thrilled to be able to meet so many at our meet up.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It's difficult to ask a dealer to install something that could clearly void a warranty (as Toyota has stated in the past).

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    OMG! The HtmlSpinnr emerges! How's life?

Nate

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited