1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Order Anyone?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by ocean view, Feb 7, 2022.

1. ocean view

ocean view Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Has anyone factory ordered a Prius from a New England Toyota dealership recently? I'm asked one in Connecticut and was told they can't/won't do it. Any recommendations?

2. CK Toyota fan

CK Toyota fan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I have the same experience here in S. E. Michigan, was told they can’t order any vehicles currently, Toyota just assigns them. The dealer I am working with has found one “in transit” that matches my wishes... This is a 2022 Prius XLE, that have placed a deposit on, we will see...

3. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How's the hunt, Ocean? Last summer, I searched all over Colorado for a hybrid (wanted a Corolla then looked at Rav 4's but too expensive). Finally, my dealer said we were allowed to put a $1,000 deposit on vehicles that were "in-transit" so I found a white AWD so went ahead and bought it...and at MSRP. I don't think Toyota dealers in Colorado are marking anything up. (Anybody remember the good-old-days where you could get a new car for $300 or $150 over invoice cost?)

4. ocean view

ocean view Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I've discovered the issue I'm having isn't with the dealer but with Toyota. They regionally equip their cars for the area in which the are sold. For example, in the northeast where I live, you cannot order the convenience package which includes sunroof and 15" alloy wheels. Also, you cannot order FWD; AWD only; (need that spare tire well). If I really want that equipment, my only option is to search the south and southwest. Not comfortable with that idea. Very frustrating.

Mambo Dave and bisco like this.
  5. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm puzzled you don't want the AWD in Mass, traction is greatly improved over just front wheel drive in the winter. I really wanted a Prime but doesn't come in AWD and we can get some pretty bad snowstorms unexpectedly over the Rockies. Can you find a Corolla Hybrid?

6. ocean view

ocean view Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Lots of Corolla Hybrid's out here.

7. CK Toyota fan

CK Toyota fan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    EF814C82-9C0B-4CF5-BF12-C95BCC076158.jpeg
    New 2022 Prius XLE just came off the truck, should be inspected and cleaned up for me to get tomorrow..

PaulDM, Mambo Dave and bisco like this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! non awd are hard to come by

9. Onemorecast

Onemorecast New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I just placed a deposit for a Black XLE AWD today. The salesman said they get a certain allocation each month but can get what you want once he gets a build date from Toyota. That was my understanding at least. He said I should expect to take delivery in 1-2 months.

10. PaulDM

PaulDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    From a UK perspective Good luck. I ordered my 2022 in September 2021 est. delivery July 2022. MyT informed me last week the the car is being built. The long delays are due to COVID and factory shutdowns due to part and chip availability. Hopefully they are back on track for a resume in normal operations…

11. NE_Phil

NE_Phil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm in the Albany, NY area. Decided it was time to replace my 2008 Prius so November 2021 I started requesting local dealers for a new Prius Limited: classic silver metallic - same color as my 2008; I hated the current colors, Moonstone-SofTex interior, FWD.
    None of the dealers within a 40 mile radius were interested in ordering one for me. Eventually, I put my name out there with some of the online sites. Got responses from Delaware, Virginia, and points south but, again, they were only interested in selling me what they already had on the lot, not my specific request or to order one.
    Eventually, I just gave up. Then in September, I got a call from a Toyota dealer in Vermont, about a 2-1/2 hour drive NE of me. "Sure, we can order what you want, no problem." And they did, too. I put down a deposit, expecting to wait until January or so before hearing from them, but received a call in November that my car was on a boat in NY Harbor. By November 17, I was driving it off the lot.
    I'm enjoying all the bells and whistles, including the heated seats, and steering wheel. The seats are so much better for my back, too.
    Unfortunately, there is absolutely no improvement in the navigation. When I first purchased my 2008 Prius, I bought a Garmin, and later switched to Google maps, on my phone. Now, I continue to use Google maps, with my dashboard phone mount, just like my 2008.
    A shame they couldn't include Android auto. With that big 11" screen. That would make it perfect. 2022 Prius - Trimmed - No license plate.png

bisco and Merkey like this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, that is great service. agree on the nac/infotainment, all the best!

13. PaulDM

PaulDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    That’s a bit odd. In the UK on our late 2020 models CarPlay and Android Auto are included, where it wasn’t on the 2019 facelift. We don’t get your 11 inch screen though unfortunately.

14. ocean view

ocean view Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Was that dealership located in Rutland?

15. prius16

prius16 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    My guess is maybe Faith's Toyota?
    They are ~100 miles from Albany.

16. prius16

prius16 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congratulations on your new car!
    (y) (y)

Fwiw, imho, with no Prius cars on the lot that show all of the possible color choices, it can be hard/a-pain to decide on a color.
    For some people, cough cough like me also :), we do care more about colors. Then again, probably like you, I didn't/don't need a car right now.
    Hence, why my car is still expected in a few months.

17. Eric SJ

Eric SJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I reserved a 2022 L Eco (silver ext / black int) at the beginning of March. Due to the dealership this weekend. Pretty excited! First Prius!

PaulDM likes this.
  18. ocean view

ocean view Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Just got an update. Anyone ordering a Prius can now expect to wait @ 24 months. Forget model year 2022 or 2023.

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  20. prius16

prius16 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Imho, that is what self-serving dealerships are saying.
    Other than buying what is on the dealer's lot, there is no such thing as "getting/ordering a Prius", or any other Toyota.
    It varies massively, depending on many factors.
    I agree the waiting list for getting any Rav4 Prime is likely at least 12 months (not counting wait list 'position modification').
    But, imho, in New England, the wait list time for getting "any Prius, any model, any color, with any options", is much less. Otherwise, Toyota would not still be offering $500 cash-back for a Prius in New England, NY, and NJ.

The Truth is out there! ( (y) Gillian Anderson (y) )

MYSTERY OF TOYOTA ALLOCATION EXPLAINED BY ENGINEER! - How to beat the system when buying 2022 Tundra
    Nov 19, 2021
    AutomotivePress

“Dude, where’s my car?!” A Virtual Event with Live Q&A Presented by Longo Toyota.
    Apr 7, 2022
    Note: 1hour 49mins long.
    Imho, watch at 2x speed.

Imho, if you choose not to watch both of the above, that's your choice.

#20 prius16, May 7, 2022
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
    Mambo Dave likes this.