1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

failed smog check, triangle of death, check engine light

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SebastianB, Jun 20, 2021.

1. SebastianB

SebastianB New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    hello fellow Prius friends,I hope you can help, for some time now ,my check engine light and the notorious triangle of death have been displayed on my dashboard, had a smog test performed and it failed ,it said to replace the EV battery, my Prius has 121.000 miles.might it fall under the CA emissions warranty? how can you check the cooling fan is still working for the EV battery,I took it in for service, they cleaned it up and charged me $256 ,i purchased extended warranty( rip offf ) and of course Hybrid system is excluded.if anyone has some advice please help, thanks in advance.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    first thing they should have done is to read the trouble codes. without them, you're groping in the dark.

check with the dealer, but i think the warranty was 8/100 at that time. you can also try calling toyota and asking for goodwill warranty help

3. Samuel Williams Jr

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In Ca. the warranty should be 10 years and 150000 miles, for emission related components and that includes the HV battery.