1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Failure to allow page back function problem is back

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by mikefocke, Jul 24, 2017.

1. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Win 10 Firefox both current. Some thread pages display normally but when the mouse back function is attempted or the page back button is clicked, nothing happens. May be related to the same problem I reported back in the end of may when it was specific ads related I understand. Not all pages act abnormally.

Only practical cure is to kill Firefox and restart the browser. Waiting a reasonable time doesn't help if it is one of those pages.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you get an ad blocker?

3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would say that's more likely to be a browser glitch.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    If it were a browser glitch it would probably show up on some other of the 15 sites and hundreds of pages I have visited today. Additionally the "ignore page back mouse button and explicit page back request via the browser" does not show up on all threads here, just about half of them. So, rather than some glitch in the display logic, I suspect something induced by the data.

And to help in diagnosis, this page is one of the hangs pages. My suspicion is the bottom/horizontal ad.

RCO likes this.
  5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally, not savvy enough to know how they could do that. AFAIK it's your computer code getting the previous page to print to the screen rather than requesting the site to show it to you again.

Thanks for bringing the bottom ad. to my attention. Wonder how many of us ever scroll that far south to see it? (n)