1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

False alarm check engine light thanks to gas attendant...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by prius_amy, Apr 25, 2016.

1. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't think anyone here is encouraging others to top off, I just stated to the OP that no harm will come to their Gen III Prius from topping off the tank. Top off laws/regs/whatever are put in place in some areas for the same reason recycle boots are put on nozzles in some areas...to reduce general fuming and fuming from spillage or splash back. OP is happy and station attendant had an oops. ;)

2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Really? Your name's Frodoz.

You know... Frodo... Mordor..? Surely, Lord Sauron himself is behind this "top off the gas tank" thing. Or maybe you just top off so you don't have to pay the outrageous prices at that "Last Gas in Gondor" gas station.

My idea of living dangerously is to drive without a front plate. But I shut off the gas at the first click, so it evens out. I'd hate to think of what would befall someone who tops off AND drives without a front plate. You'd have to be a serious badass.

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :ROFLMAO: Dog's name.