1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

False Spring Upsets Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by nmrickie, Mar 15, 2005.

1. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I bought my Prius last December when temperatures were at their coldest. Knowing how temperature affects mileage, I have been satisfied with the low to mid 40's mpg averages.

The past few weeks have been unseasonably warm, and my mileage has been slowly climbing. When daytime temperatures reached 70 a few days ago, I finally saw averages in the low to mid 50's! I was thrilled.

Two days ago another winter storm came through, and my mileage has plummeted to the mid to high 30's, even though it has not been colder now than it has been all winter.

The only thing I can figure out is that the Prius started enjoying the warm weather, then pouted when it got cold again!

2. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I would pout, too!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Chicagoland has seen colder-than-normal temperatures this winter. The North-Eastern coast has seen snowfall 2 to 3 times the norm. I fear there are many Prius owners pouting this winter.

[align=center:adc5648704] :cool: I can't wait til summer! :cool: [/align:adc5648704]

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ya winter's been terrible... was down to near...60º today... almost felt uncomfortable with the window down.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol.

It's a bit cooler here, around 13°C