1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Farewell Prius and maybe chat

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Munpot42, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i dont thnk there is any better place to communicatie in the universal langauge about hybrids and even EV's on this planet

wjtracy likes this.
  2. wudbuchr

wudbuchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Most of us cut our teeth on the Prius (we drove ours for 8 years and loved it!) and are now evolving to the "New old" Toyota Hybrid technology. We found PriusChat the place for Hybrid education and information. Unfortunately, although we are in the same family of cars, there is no one place for us to exchange ideas and learn about Toyota;s Technology evolution. Now we are relegated to "searching" PriusChat for information. Granted, Toyota Nation has an
    area that is Avalon specific, but I never really cared for TN, I always found PC to be more informative, interesting and members treated members better here. I'm gonna miss Prius Chat!

3. Den49

Den49 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Owning both a 2010 Prius and a 2013 Avalon, it has been interesting to observe the differences between PriusChat and the Toyota Nation/Avalon sites. Unfortunately, both sites have more than their fair share of unknowledgeable egotists, victims and complainers. In general, PriusChat is a better resource for DIYers and people who want to better understand the inner-workings of their car; although, there is a Toyota Technician on the Avalon site who is very generous and provides good technical information and advice. If the Avalon Hybrid had been available at the time, I probably would have missed out on owning a Prius. Lucky me. I have and like both cars, and I appreciate both the PriusChat and TN/Avalon sites.

4. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I can see why you bought an Avalon over a Camry. Clearly a lot of difference between them, with the Avalon being far superior in every way. Just my opinion.