1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Farewell PRIUSchat

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Den49, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Den49

Den49 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    After six years of enjoying everything about my 2010 Prius hatchback, except the driver’s seat, I finally decided that it was time to part with this economical and reliable vehicle. I had been able in the past to augment the cushioning to make the driver’s seat comfortable, and had posted on how to do it, but it was becoming increasingly more difficult to accomplish of late. The seat bottom comfort is OK but the seatback is just too short for me and has a built-in curvature that does not match my back, causing a nerve to pinch.

I replaced the Prius with a 2015 NISSAN Murano SL that gets half the gas mileage but is ten times more comfortable. I was quite surprised at how good the Murano is in just about every category compared with the 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited I also considered. Unfortunately the Highlander’s seats were too hard and got vetoed by Mrs. Den49. The Murano has what they call “zero-gravity” seats and are the best seats of any of the new cars we test drove. The Murano also has a 360 degree camera and much better technology applications than Toyota. Toyota needs to wake up. I never thought I would buy a NISSAN over a Toyota, but it just happened.

The biggest downside of all this is I will no longer have a reason to logon, browse and post on PRIUSchat. This forum is by far the most interesting, informative and useful of the five automotive forums in which I have participated. The breadth and depth of topics and information is phenomenal and there are a lot of great members.

Farewell and best regards to all.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Enjoy your new ride.

Thanks for your contributions around here. You have, no doubt, helped many people.

Danny likes this.
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fair Winds and Following Seas.

All the best!!

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    All the best, the new Murano is a nice looking vehicle. Glad you enjoyed your time round' here.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    adios amigo, all the best!(y)

6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good luck with the Murano. I've had several Nissans, the last three were a 240sx, a Pathfinder, and a Quest van.

The 240sx was a manual, but the Quest had some transmission problems developing at around the 5 year mark, prompting us to get rid of it. The Quest was a very heavy vehicle, I hope the Murano fares better, because it's not a lightweight either. The Quest also had a tendency to warp it's front brake rotors, again due to it's almost 2 ton mass. The Pathfinder and 240sx were reliable vehicles.

7. bingee3

bingee3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You will be missed

8. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Good lick with the Murano

9. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We came to the same decision last summer, and sold wife's 2012 ''v'' [ keeping my '14 H/B ] and bought a Lincoln MKZ for a road trip car. We both are in our 70's and need a little more ''comfort'' anyway. We got 28.6 mpg in the MKZ to San Antonio and back--- not bad, the MKZ is extremely quiet also, making a trip more enjoyable. Enjoy your new Murano, SIL just got one too.

10. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Now there's goes a smart man!

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You'll be back. Perhaps in 5-6 years.

12. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Den49 did you not look at Nissan hybrid or did they stop producing a hybrid. H

13. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To each his own, but I hung around Prius Chat and participated in conversations, and gained knowledge as well as (hopefully) shared knowledge for several years BEFORE buying my Prius.

So I personally don't attach immediate ownership of a Prius as necessary aspect to Prius Chat participation. I mean, you still have the knowledge of your Prius ownership experience, and also IMO Prius Chat is often about much much more than JUST specifically Prius Ownership ONLY experiences.

So IMO enjoy the Nissan Murano---my neighbor has one, looks like a nice vehicle, but if you WANT to continue to participate in Prius Chat? Why Not?

The Gen 4 Prius is coming. I'm probably---at least immediately---NOT going to own one. Does that mean I stop participating in Prius Chat? No, I'll log in, participate in the conversations I think I can be of interest or help in...AND learn a whole lot about Toyota, Prius, and the automotive world in general, as well as hopefully getting some vicarious information and points of view about The New Gen 4.
    There's a lot of news, in regards to the automotive world, and Toyota that filters or arrives at Prius Chat that really has little directly to do with "Prius" or owning a Prius.

Owning a Prius is of course a big reason to discover Prius Chat, a big reason to participate and use Prius Chat, but IMO there's more to this site then JUST ownership based perspective and conversation.

Disappear if you wish. But IMO, if you enjoy the site? Enjoy participation? Why not at least occasionally drop by?

Prieth, Okinawa, m.wynn and 2 others like this.
  14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on the purchase of the Murano! Those zero gravity seats are really nice. They have the bolsters and supports in all the right places. Enjoy your new ride!

Thanks for your contribution to PriusChat. All the best!

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    adios amigo, all the best!(y)

don't they make an mkz hybrid for the same price?

MERGED

no more hybrid altima. they were licensing from toyota for carb vehicles, but they were not selling.

#15 bisco, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    HaroldW likes this.
  16. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow I think this is the best PC good bye we've ever had.

17. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, the 2.0 and 2.0 hybrid are considered ''standard'', at not any extra charge. Mine is the 300 hp 3.7 V-6 with a $600 up-charge. [ and less mpg ] . However-- we bought a super clean used 2014 and it was what it was. A Lincoln is a delightful, smooth riding, ultra-quiet auto, but, as I learned years ago with Cadillacs and Lincolns-- their depreciation drops like a rock, hence buying used. The '14 was $15K less than a new '15. Also why I had switched over to Lexus several autos back. To be truthful though--- I enjoy the power the V-6 has and can live with the mileage for as nice an auto as it is. Besides, we also have the Prius to save gas running around.

Okinawa and bisco like this.
  18. DogDaze

DogDaze Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a preference for the seat in the V, as opposed to the lift back...

XT1058 ?

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have heard they are better as well. same with the gen 4.

20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    okay, don't let the door hit you on the way out!:mad: