1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured FCEVs still not as hot as Tesla

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by orenji, Dec 17, 2020.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I could print a couple dozen articles if you are living under a rock
    https://ilsr.org/visualizing-calif-booming-solar-market/
    Sorry to kill the FUD.

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my Western Washington community, I see a lot more of them when walking around, than when driving around. Walking allows more time and attention to detect tell-tale corners and electrical support of some systems not sufficiently in-your-face to see when driving.

And even that isn't enough spot them all. Due simply to geography and orientation, my system is completely invisible from the street and driveway. Both insurance company and tax assessor photographs from the driveway reveal no solar. If they don't get far enough away from the house and out into the yard during a walk-around, and don't recognize the electrical conduits coming down from the gables, they'll still miss it. Overhead Google Earth and Zillow views reveal similarly street-invisible systems on several close neighbors.

#42 fuzzy1, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Same people paying more on FCEV subsidies.

Well, the $8000 federal tax credit for FCEVs will be gone soon, which is why Toyota had to cut the base Mirai price.