1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fear Hate other People Forum

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Mar 24, 2007.

1. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm not privy to knowledge of who gets banned for what so I can't comment on that level if there's a bias running through PC but so far as thread content is concerned, I haven't witnessed this. It seems that posters are allowed to express any views that they have, so long as they don't cross a line of obvious respect and the do it tactfully. I think the mods have formed a great community of different minded folks, expressing views on a wide variety of topics and the board continues to run with very few road bumps.

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Mar 31 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]415478[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know if you are referring to my remark in response to livelychick's comment on her ban, where I said, "perhaps PriusChat might have a right-wing bias?"; but that was entirely tongue-in-cheek (perhaps I should have used more emoticons :) ) and I certainly don't believe that there is any bias running through PC. Some measure of inconsistency is unavoidable, of course, but that has nothing to do with any intentional bias. I concur that the mods do a great job here.

3. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 31 2007, 12:54 PM) [snapback]415488[/snapback]</div>
    I agree.

And I thought you were being T-I-C. Good to know I thought correctly!

4. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 31 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]415488[/snapback]</div>
    My comments had nothing to do with yours. These are just my general observations. Sorry for the confusion.

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 31 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]415577[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the joke about "right-wing bias" on PC was obviously tongue-in-cheek. I don't know all of the details about why you were suspended so I can't really comment on that, but "doofus" is a pretty innocuous word compared to others I've seen used here. And I have seen a few individuals direct remarks at you that were clearly uncalled for.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 31 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]415593[/snapback]</div>
    Of course, I agree with that last one.

In all honesty, I think the mod was having a bad day. And frankly, the thread was the most rabid I'd been involved in, and I was getting CREAMED by all sides. Since I was more or less the mechanical rabbit that they let loose at dog races, by taking me out, he in effect killed the slathering, gnarling dogs at my heels, aka the thread.

And yes, I'd used the word "idiot" in that same thread--clearly directed at someone I thought idiotic. So, as kow so uneloquently pointed out, "doofus" was the second straw, and just enough to break the camel's back.

No harm. I seriously do agree that I wouldn't want the job of moderator, and I think they do a fine job. I'm quite happy in my ability to use the ignore feature.

7. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 29 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]414577[/snapback]</div>
    There's also a phrase for it: "Get a life" (well, an off-line life, at least). :)