1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fecal threat to Global Warming

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Mar 2, 2019.

1. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bisco, it's not just the phone. That crap is also on your hands. :)

What I love is when the nurse comes into the room wearing gloves and I have to ask her (or him) to remove them, properly wash their hands and put on new gloves for MY protection.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not on my hands :eek: (after washing:cool:) anyways, i would never take my phone into the bathroom. i heard a guy in a public stall today, so weird. :rolleyes:

3. William Redoubt

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Talking sh*t, huh? LOL. Wish I new how to make those little faces, like you do.

You would be surprised how few people wash their hands, even the practice of medicine. In California, monitors from the Office of the Inspector General personally observe hand washing in the state's prison clinics and hospitals. The mission of the monitors is published months ahead of time, and their identity is well-known by each and every staff member. And yet, without fail, medical personnel are caught dry-handed at nearly every one of the over 40 of the state's institutions. And not just nurses. It's doctors too! Just look up OIG Medical Inspections.

tochatihu likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't doubt it. around here, i suspect they use purell between patients, if anything.

you made a smiley in post #21:)

5. William Redoubt

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not intentionally. Thanks, Clippy!
    2019-03-05_18-28-53.jpg

bisco likes this.
  6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
  7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Source: Sandra Bullock Finally Explains The Three Seashells In 'Demolition Man' - MTV

It's been a mystery that's dogged film fans since "Demolition Man" was first released in 1993: How do you use the three seashells? And now, finally, "Gravity" star Sandra Bullock has given us the answer.
    . . .
    On the red carpet for "Gravity," MTV News' Josh Horowitz asked Sandra Bullock to once and for all settle the greatest mystery in movie history.

"Well, think of a bidet, right?" said Bullock. "There's several processes. You have number one, you have number two, and then the cleanup."

But it doesn't stop there. Turns out the seashells are also musical instruments. "You can use them as little maracas as well," continued Bullock, giving an example of the sort of beat you can drop with the future's answer to toilet paper. "See, it's a musical instrument, and it's a hygiene element!"
    . . .

Bob Wilson

8. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I could see this discussion moving towards bidets. I remember Dr. Dean Edell (on radio) saying that if you got poop on your hand, wiping it off with paper would seem ... incomplete.

Personal experiences with bidets might enrich this discussion.

I'm not enough in love with Sandra B. to leave it in her hands. Or her seashells.

#28 tochatihu, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  9. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    So much intestinalia, from fecal implants, to E. coli, cholera and big daddy norovirus.

Don't make me go downstairs :eek:

10. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Where is the Sears catalog?

Bob Wilson

benagi, fuzzy1 and Trollbait like this.
  12. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm remembering a handwashing study of other places a couple decades ago, that used two different observation methods which produced quite different results.

One method was a live human observer in the bathroom. The other was a hidden camera to monitor what happens when no other human is in the room. Nor surprisingly, the presence of another human greatly increased the handwashing rate. When the room was otherwise empty, there were a lot more cheaters.

One surprise was the difference between sexes. 'Everyone knows' that women are better at hand washing then men, and the human observer method confirmed that. But when measured by hidden camera, the results flipped: while men dropped their washing rate significantly, women did so even more sharply, to a rate less than men. Most of the men who washed, did so even when no one else was present. Most of the women who washed, did so only when peer pressure might catch them.

My fading memory is the women washed about 80% of the time observed, 30% unobserved, while men rated at 60% and 40%. But I haven't seen this item again since the WorldWideWeb debuted.

But every handwashing study I've seen since used only the human observer method, not hidden cameras. Perhaps the later method is now illegal or considered unethical, so we can no longer gauge this aspect of the Heisenberg effect.

#32 fuzzy1, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  13. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You have to print out a virtual one and then hang the pages on a nail.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lay off the mexican, 'nuff said.