1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Federal Tax Incentive bumped back up to $2000 for 2004, 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by outoftown, Sep 28, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Federal Tax Incentive bumped back up to $2000 for 2004,

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine Refers to me getting my chi and my car aligned to achieve even higher levels of synergy between my car and myself. In other words learning how to drive the car more efficiently. Also a refernce to the Karate Kid.

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Guess that Maytag repairman isn't as bored as he makes out! We got one last year. Not Maytag though, Kenmore. It replaced a top loader that had run for 22 years :) It did get a new water pump and a new electronic board some years back.

Besides using less using water and detergent, the HE is MUCH MUCH quieter and gets a LOT more water out of the clothing. Depending on the material, it can come out almost dry. So, MUCH less time and energy needed to dry them.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Yipee. That means I get $1K more deduction that I thought ( 'cause I had it wrong to start with, thinking 2004 was $1K). Plus since I ended up with one of the last 2004's I didn't have to pay the 2005 model increase. If I don't tell the wife, maybe I can get MORE toys for my Prius. That will offset the economic loss to the country by stimulating spending, right? ;-)

4. GeoffM

GeoffM Junior Member

TOTALLY off-topic, but there was class-action lawsuit over the Neptunes and you should have received a notice in the mail about the settlement, which among other things includes reimbursement for some repairs.

Geoff

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thank you Geoff! Actually, I did get that paperwork, and I'm filling it out for reimbursements to the repairs made to the motor electronic board.

Y'know (and even more off topic -- I should move it elsewhere), I'm disgruntled about unnecessary litigation and the increase in prices due to it. But class action suits like this strike me as important -- not because I get money back, but because it motivates corporations to not release products until they're sufficiently reliable. Otherwise, they get dinged by large court costs.

Yup, there's definitely cases where it's misused (and you hear about them); but this sort of litigation still serves a vital purpose -- particularly when there's less and less oversight of corporate business practices.

If someone can come up with reform that reduces "unnecessary litigation" while preserving the benefits I've described above, great; but if I had to choose between the two, I'd stick with what we have.

IMO, of course.

6. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outoftown\";p=\"42205)</div>
    :p Outoftown, I want to thank you for your post re: the reinstatement of the $2000 deduction for 2004! I immediately called my accountant and he told me that he, too, already had heard about it! I told him to "flag" my account so that he would not forget that it applies to me!

That is SUCH good news! Thanks for informing us!!!!! :clap: :clap: