1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Feedback to Toyota about 11" screen and data:

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Terry Nyberg, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Terry Nyberg

Terry Nyberg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have about 3500 Miles on my Prius Prime Premium. I think my car is a great value and would definitely purchase it again, so this is constructive feedback:

1. It is both very distracting and annoying to have to click though and select multiple windows and many menu items in the Multi-information display to view specific information regarding the performance of the car.
    Please develop a single screen on the 11"display that would present the following info on the same screen:

A. Distance traveled on current trip, distance traveled on current gas fill-up
    B. Distance remaining in EV mode
    C. % of charge used
    D. Miles / % of distance in EV mode for current trip/gas fill-up/overall
    E. % of distance in Hybrid mode for current trip/gas fill-up
    F. Current MPG
    G. Trip MPG
    H. Tank MPG
    I. Graphic of power source
    This data is currently available, but only by navigating from one menu and or screen to another! Distracting and Annoying.

2. There is an indicator for EV and auto EV, but not the hybrid mode. When in hybrid mode, the indicator light goes off. I guess the assumption is that if it's not in EV or EV auto it must be in hybrid. Please include an indicator for hybrid mode.

3. NO Apple Play or Android Auto. Really Toyota?

4. Provide an option to remain in the last screen selected and manually return to the map screen. It is annoying to select "Info" and then look at the display a bit later and it has automatically returned to the navigation screen.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think dealing with these screens is on par with navigating through your smart phone, glad ours has no such screen.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    While you are certainly welcome to post here, it would be dishonest to let you think anyone at Toyota read this. PriusChat is Toyota owners, not Toyota employees.

ruby and Mendel Leisk like this.
  4. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Perhaps the OP sent the info to Toyota and copied it here for our info? I found it enlightening. Don't forget, #PriusTeam does read many of these posts, and they are Toyota.

5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think you meant to tag @Prius Team

6. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm too old-time to understand hashtags and at-signs. I was only identifying the PriusTeam as a PriusChat member that is actually Toyota, not just an owner, so no, I wasn't trying to tag them. and I haven't played tag in well over 50 years....;)

Pugwinkle likes this.
  7. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What Entune should do is to give users to have choice to download multiple types of screen setups and make each person decide what they like ....
    I will not hesitate to pay to choose Screen menus the way i like....
    So Toyota can make profits...make Development people giving what people demand

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Prius Maximus likes this.
  8. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My post tagged them so they can take a look. I do not think they regularly browse the threads.