1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fiat 500e Plug-in Debuts In California

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by zenMachine, Nov 19, 2012.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Move over iMiEV! :)

4. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

these compliance cars will be good for EV industry :).

US should mandate 5% hybrids and 0.5% EVs for every manufacturer by 2015, double by 2020 and more after that... those are very small numbers, easily achieved but would bring big boost to supplier industry.

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    certainly agree....

6. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  7. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Another EV in the cause to conserve energy and reduce pollution. These are good times.

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Interesting;
    That seems to fly in the face of what the Chrysler VP says in this read -

Chrysler | ChargedEVs
    What ever their motive - and some what surprising, Chrysler seems more dedicated to 100% EV's than GM. GM only leases the Spark EV. It seems as though Chrysler is planning on selling the 500ev outright. I haven't heard how large the usable kWh part of the traction pack is. Maybe I'll have to mozie on up the the L.A. auto show after all - just to find that out.

9. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In a frank conversation with a sales manager I know at the top grossing Toyota dealership in San Diego he says his dealership is a little different than most, 6 out of every 10 cars sold in his dealership are Hybrid. In California the top selling car is a Hybrid a Prius. This is starting to take off. The Fiat may best serve it's clients by putting a EV in the mix.

10. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I would have to say I believe the head of the company. Its a compliance car that will help fiat get experience in plug-in technology. They will likely lose $10K a pop, but since they aren't going to price it low, that won't be that costly for the experience.

That part may be true. Fiat/Chysler may have more of a bet on bev than phev. The big companies that are all in on BEV are ofcourse Nissan/Renault and Tesla. While GM, Ford, Toyota, and Honda are betting on PHEV. All of those companies are big enough that they can switch if BEV takes off. If it starts selling well, they will raise the price:) I doubt fiat will be suprised, its going to be a tough sale versus a 2013 leaf, volt, or energi.