1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Filling up something other than a Prius... So painful!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by 2k1Toaster, May 24, 2011.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Isn't insurance also higher on those cars per mile driven? Ok, not the minivan, but the other 2. I dumped my 350z 3 years ago. Not happy about it, but our wallet is fatter for it.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My Z is semi-painful to fill up. I filled it recently with 12.033 gallons of premium at $4.019/gal which cost $48.36. I don't remember how many miles I traveled (I don't record the figures for my Z) but do manual calculations each time. I recall just a tad over 17 mpg, so I must've traveled a bit over 200 miles.

I get really crappy mileage in my Z (13.x to 17ish mpg) now since I have very short, mostly city drives now. When I had a longer commute w/a bunch of highway in there, I'd usually see 21-23 mpg, 24.x at best.

Every time I fill my Prius, in comparison to my Z, I'm always amazed by how little it cost to go so many miles.

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Filling up the Prius is already painful enough for me. I was so used to less than $20 a tank.

4. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

The Vette costs as much as the Prius from my ins carrier... but the Prius has more value in it than the Vette does now if I were to have a loss... right now the Vette ain't rolling... and I ain't taking the time to fix it yet either... I may donate it like I did the other cars... it's just that it IS my favorite model of that car because of the flip front-end.

I used to put flip fronts on other cars/trucks I owned, 41 Chevy Master Deluxe, 49 Ford P/U, 2 Vegas... but now I want front impact protection more than I want a flip front end.

I had a 300ZXturbo (I did put on a CARB approved twin turbo kit)before the frau bought me the Vette in the avatar, it was my Vette killer... and until Chevy came out with the ZR1, it was an easy chore to put distance between me and the folks that thought they had a big bad Chevy. I kinda missed that little car for a while, but it was beginning to rust along the edges, so in a way I am quite glad I don't have it anymore.