1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Final Days until Arrival

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Lionsfan, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Lionsfan

Lionsfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have been a "stalker" on this forum for the past two weeks and have finally got an account with my first post. I talked to my dealer yesterday and he said my new C2 "Summer Rain Metallic" is in port and going through its documentation process. Earliest it can arrive is Friday, the latest is Tuesday.
    I must have hit the timing just right because I've only had to wait two and a half weeks. (Lucky me).
    I can't wait to see and experience all this MPG greatness for myself. I currently drive a 2008 Dodge Charger and I absolutely love it, but my 52 mile commute (one way) is killing me at the pump.

I average 24 mpg on a 16 gallon tank. So every 3-4 days I'm filling up! And emptying my wallet.

I'm so ready for a change and very excited to take my new C for a ride and enjoy the savings!!!!

I'll keep you updated when I take delivery and will post pics. I haven't seen a "c" yet in Michigan. This is GM and Ford country so some of my co-workers give me a hard time about buying a "foreign" car. I said when GM or Ford makes a hybrid that gets this kind of mileage for the price of the "c" I'll consider it... until then.... I gladly welcome my new Prius to America!!!

2. PriusCinBlack

PriusCinBlack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Your excitement is justified. This car gets outstanding gas mileage.

Edit: Make sure you do thorough research in learning how to drive it, though. It takes some practice, and, if you do try to get amazing mpg, it will continue rising for awhile. Driving a hybrid is almost like learning to drive all over again.

3. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats!! And you are very lucky- two weeks is hardly any time :)
    PS You will love the SRM!!

4. Smurfsmon

Smurfsmon New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just ordered my new orange prius yesterday...... I am so excited to see it... Three weeks to go

5. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats!!

6. napmaster

napmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I used to fill up every 3 days with my old 1995 240sx. Got sick of it and bought this. I drove my Prius C to work for the first time today and got about 62mpg and that was all highway with traffic going about 55mph. My commute is about 28 miles (One-way). Love it.

7. Lionsfan

Lionsfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks everyone. should be in tomorrow. I will post pics as soon as I am able. In the meantime I keep reading everything I can and I'm learning a lot!!!

8. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!! Two and a half weeks!!!?? I had to wait two and a half MONTHS!!! You certainly are lucky.:)
    And yes - I have a SRM C 2.:D

"Not made in USA" - After I got my Prius and drove it for a couple weeks - I got angry. Angry because Toyota has had this technology for over a decade and the US auto makers still have not really caught up. :mad: The Volt looks promising but there is no way I could afford one - and it is even harder to find than the hard to find Prius Cs - at least here.