1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally a Proud Prius Owner! Questions..

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by e_lady333, Apr 4, 2011.

1. e_lady333

e_lady333 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Finally went out and got a Prius. I am totally thrilled with it but have some questions. Any problems or things I should look out for when driving in bad weather? Although I live in the Southwest, there are, at times heavy rains. Any advice is welcome!

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Drive slower in bad weather. Just sit back and enjoy.

3. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats! I suggest you drive it like any normal car (at first). No problems in bad weather that I can tell, drives good in the snow, but you won't be seeing that this year (hopefully). I've driven mine across submerged roads before(6 inches to a foot), NOT running water. No problems other than a little grit in the calipers (brakes) that wash out in a good car wash. Enjoy the high mpg! :welcome:

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat. As everyone says, drive normal and enjoy the ride. Even though you have traction control, don't drive faster than safe road conditions. There's lots of threads from folks who drive their Prius on snow, ice, heavy rains, etc. Most report no problems, though some added snow tires or chains as an added measure of traction control.

Common sense in bad weather always trumps getting somewhere in a hurry.

Enjoy the MPG's, technology and low-emissions.

5. EVPrii

EVPrii New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Make sure to buy and install all-weather mats! I bought the Huskey brand (which look amazing!!!), others use WeatherTeck. They will help keep your carpets clean, dry, and safe...