1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

*Finally* found my place in line...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wynder, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Wynder

Wynder New Member

So, I ordered in the beginning of October and was told there would be about a three month wait -- I did make it clear that I wanted to take a 2006 delivery... A week back, when I confirmed my '06 order (we only have '05 info at the time), he broke out the verbal disclaimers and told me that if one had come in earlier, they may try to sell it and shift me back on the list, etc...

In any case, he gave me a call yesterday and told me I was 19th on the list. I find it very difficult to believe that here, in Delaware, before October, 18 other people had come in before me to order an '06 -- though I could see people who were on the '05 waiting list shifting their order to an '06. He told me, by his manager's calculations, that I should be expected around mid-late January, possibly early February with the small possibility that I could take delivery much sooner, but still after the new year.

With what folks have said about dealers getting allocated around 20 Prius's a month, that sounds about right if they start getting them in mid-December or so around here. So, I'm fairly pleased -- of course I'm still suffering from my PAS (Prius Anticipation Syndrome), however, I've got 28-grand sitting in a high interest savings account earmarked for my Classic Silver #6, so I figure I'll go back to my obsessive behavior and get info and opinions about a few other things... Feel free to comment:

o Good SprintPCS phone to use that'll be 100% compatible (~$350)?
    o Anyone have any experiences with TomTom? Thinking about getting it.
    o Anyone have reccomendations for Costco floor mats/Cargo Nets?
    o Vanity plate suggestions? ;p

2. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    (I guess Bugs Bunny is the father?)

Congrats on your almost new car. I expect that most people who placed orders were simply getting on the list, as opposed to looking at it as an "order" for an '05 or an '06.

Anyway, I like the $20 Costco mats (which are in stock right now) just fine. The fit's slightly funky on the driver's front only, but ok with me.

On the phone, Costco is running a good special right now on the Treo 650 with Sprint carriage.

rpm

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Believe it.
    I ordered an '06 in August (not a change from an '05) and I was told I was not the first.
    At least I was told that there would be no trouble getting the car in January.
    I just wish package #4 was available in PA.
    The dealer is trying to arrange a swap with NJ I think.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Back in 1990 I got a set of mats from Costco. They worked so well, I took them out of my old car when I got the Prius.

I have the built in NAV system, but a lot of Prius owners have the TomTom. There are other portable NAV systems that have built in XM which will display traffic problems on the map (extra charge for that).

5. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Got a link to the mats that'll fit? And what's the special? Is it just by phone or through the internet, too?

6. Wynder

Wynder New Member

I guess since the only two Toyota dealerships in Delaware are within 15 mintues of NJ, PA and MD, I should have expected it... ;p

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    vanity plate idea--checked it with CA DMV yesterday, but it's taken

GD 4 US

8. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Get one with a woman's name that is not the same as your wife's.
    (Keeps her guessing.) ;)

9. Wynder

Wynder New Member

How about...

ELECTRC

Heh. Does CA have a website you can check availability through or did ya call?