1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally got a Gen 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by kithmo, Mar 25, 2016.

1. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Ordered mine last week and just picked it up today, I love it. It's a Silver Excel, top of the range UK Spec. I was torn between Silver and Hypersonic red but the dealer had a silver one in stock (they had pre-ordered a few), so I went for the silver. The park assist works really well and a lot quicker than the old Gen 3 system. It sometimes does an extra shuffle out and in on the back-in parking, taking it wide initially then shuffles forward, then corrects itself and parks equally spaced either side. Not quite as quick as I could do myself reversing in in one go though. When I tried to change my insurance over from my old Prius+, my old insurance company said they can't cover it as the new 2016 Gen 4 model was not on their system, too new, so they cancelled the old policy (no cancellation fee, their fault) and I had to start a new one with Toyota Insurance. The engine warms up very quickly and I was getting 70mpg (UK gallon) without even trying. Weird thing about the little economy driving performance statement that pops up when you turn it off, I got 90/100 and 94/100 on two short trips, but when I started the car on the drive and went nowhere whilst I was pairing my phone and setting up a wireless connection to my home WiFi, I got 100/100 even though the the engine had started once. I thought the menus and options would be a bit daunting but they are all very intuitive and it's easy to flick through, find things and follow them. I haven't tried the Nav yet, but the graphics are really nice. Just had a look at the lights now it's dark and boy are they stylish. LED headlights, LED fog lights, LED DRLs and the front parking lights are very bright white (UK), can't see the bulb but suspect that's LED too. The rear Z lights are very impressive, brighter than I thought they'd be. The rear fogs are very bright LEDs but are quite small in diameter.

2. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations!(y)

kithmo likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, nice avatar!!! all the best, thanks for the write up.(y)

kithmo likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!! Let us know how it drives.

kithmo likes this.
  5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Congratulations! But "Finally"? They still don't have them to sell in Edmonton, though of course if you ask they will tell you "if you want one we can get it for you - any model". They just don't tell you how long you will have to wait. ;) The dealers were moving the one black one I looked at among themselves. Each dealership had it for a week. It's a "base" (basically a "model 2"). No "ECO" for Canada so far that I can see.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats!

kithmo likes this.
  7. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    I say finally because I was unsure, my heart said yes I want one and my head said, no you don't need a new car. I'd been thinking about ordering one for about 5 weeks then finally took the plunge when I was in the dealers having my 3.5 year old Prius+ (US v) serviced. had a test drive in the demonstrator and went with my heart. The standard waiting time in the UK varies from 4 -12 weeks depending what spec and options you order and dealers only started taking orders about 5 weeks ago. My dealer had the hindsight to pre-order a few of varying specifications and I chose one of the ones he had. My dealer has two Business Edition Plus (UK) models at my local branch, one in pearlescent white in the showroom and a dark grey demonstrator. The pre- ordered ones they have are at their main branch 20 miles away. The dealer did me a good discount and a very good part-ex on my Prius+ I paid £25K 3 years ago when it was 6 months old (list new was £30K) and I got £18.5K, so only £7.5K depreciation in 3 years, mind you it was in top condition, 25K miles, FSH and not a mark on it.