1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally Got My Prius C 2

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by LC1207h, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ThirdRonnie

ThirdRonnie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be driving the C after what seemed an interminable wait. The bumper protector is a folded piece of wet-suit material which is velcroed to the floor of the boot. If you are doing some heavy loading or unloading, you just fold it out over the boot-lip onto the bumper. It should prevent a whole lot of scuffing. I thought I had seen it as an available optional extra but that must have not been on the Australian Toyota web-site.

My suspicion was based on the fact that the figure was exactly 10km and I had noticed on the drive home that the odometers read to one decimal point. However, I have later discovered that the main Odometer only reads in whole kilometres. I guess it was that display I was looking at during the demo. The car did come off the ship with my name on it but to get the colour I ordered, it had to be taken off the ship in Sydney or Newcastle. It was then trucked to Melbourne, where it was trucked aboard another ship for the journey to Devonport, Tasmania. It was then trucked a further 400-odd km to Hobart for a clean-up and "completion of manufacture" before being handed over to me. So, 10km is nothing in the broader picture.

I have now done the Garmin GPS comparison and my figure agrees pretty closely with yours. My car showed an underestimate of 4 km/h across the range. My mind is now set to reflect the discrepancy while driving, to keep the tailgaters from lapsing into road-rage. Not easy, as they seem to believe that .5 km/h under the limit for as little as a millisecond means I am a slow-coach holding up traffic.

I'm using Trip B. I intend to reset that readout each time I fill up, keeping Trip A for actual trips away, involving multiple fills (maybe). I have had it show as little as 3.9 l/100km on the "From Start". I will put my Fuelly banner on my posts as soon as I eventually fill up!

2. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I get what you mean now... I don't think that's a C accessory anywhere, but by the same token that sounds like an item that need not have been specifically designed for the C to be effective. Nice... I may look for a similar solution for myself.

That's more like it.

3. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Okay I think I found it on the Camry Accessories:

Toyota Camry accessories

Looks like quite a few places are selling them for $50. Might pick one up.

4. ThirdRonnie

ThirdRonnie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the one; also shown as a Yaris and Corolla accessory.

$50!! Sheesh! Would have expected maybe $20 at Supercheap/Autobarn, except they don't have them. The ebay sellers seem to be Toyota dealerships, so naturally expect to pay top dollar there.

5. carolD

carolD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I too had a very pleasant experience with my sales person in Bradenton Flirida. He was very helpful and not pushy.