1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finally got to test drive a 2010 yesterday!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by shawnb2, May 18, 2009.

1. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    All I have to say is WOW!! What an amazing car. It was a Blizzard Pearl Prius III w/Nav and I am completely impressed. The car is very comfortable and feels very solid. The turning radius is amazing. Was only out in for maybe 10 minutes at most as we weren't really supposed to be able to take it out, but when they said the sales person could take me we were both surprised and excited. I have always been and always will be a sports and muscle car type, but it is truly amazing that this car has peaked my interest so much. I truly cannot wait to get my hands on one. I have my name on 2 dealers waiting lists so I am probably still about a month out especially since it doesn't sound like the package V's are going to be in abundance right off the bat. None the less it will be worth the wait. This car also had some options like the rear bumper protector, the lighted door sills and security system. The door sills look especially nice. Can't wait to see them in the dark. Ok, back to the test drive. We switched to me driving of course shortly after getting off the lot and being this was my first Prius that I ever driven I was really excited to see how she did. Wasn't able to get on a freeway as there aren't any nearby this particular dealership, but still driving it around town really gave me a good idea of what I'm in for. Like I said the car feels very solid, and very quiet. Played with all of the driving modes and I can honestly say I love the ECO mode. It will certainly keep Mr. Leadfoot in check. The Nav is going to take some time to get used to as I am coming from a Garmin Nuvi but am looking forward to it with all of its features and the fact I don't have to worry about the suction cup coming off when it's hot or the beanbag sliding across the dash. My biggest and probably my only complaint and i don't think I have to worry about it with the higher packages with leather is the steering wheel is just hard rubberized plastic. Very cheap feeling and thought I'd have to go to a shop and have a custom steering wheel cover put on, but after looking at pics again it looks like the wheel will have leather or at least a leather-like material covering it. I wish this one had the Solar Package, but I guess I can't have everything the first time seeing the car in person. Well, now the countdown begins. Could be a couple of weeks, could be a month and a half. Still either way I really don't think I will be disappointed with my new car once it's here. Oh and by the way, Toyota did an amazing job restyling this car. I never would consider buying the last generation (sorry to those if it offends them), but the new cars lines look so much better especially in person. Great job Toyota!! I'll be owning one soon enough.

8 people like this.
  2. Ryhian

Ryhian New Member

Model:
    IV
    Nice little review. Hearing all these stories from people here on PC makes it even harder to wait for them to come out in my region!

3. PriusCrazy

PriusCrazy Blizzard Pearl for Me

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ditto for me.

4. Pakman777

Pakman777 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Me too!

5. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know I'm going to love my 2010 but it's nice to hear all the great reviews. Keep them coming!:D

6. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And it looks like I will actually have one to drive. Shhh.. don't tell the region but I am going to snag one of my TRAC (Toyota Rent A Car) service loaners for test drives. Gotta have one to show people! It should be here by the end of the week.

7. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Even though I have a Prius V, on order with you, I would love to have a test drive. Please let me know when they get in. I am dying to go for a spin.

8. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You got it EGL.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the review. It seems like Toyota has done well to appeal to those that previously wouldn't have considered a Prius.

10. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not offended at all. The new car is better in so many ways - the chassis, seats, more power, bolder styling, more mpg and less cost, quite comparably equipped. Good deal.

I knew this 2010 would bring folks over who otherwise wouldn't have considered the Gen2 car.

^^ whoaa, I had not seen Tideland's post before typing this.

11. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That would be me. I had considered the 2009 but in the end it just wasn't quite what I needed. The 2010 seems like it's a lot more of what I'm looking for. Gas is going up here it's up 20 cents per gallon in the past 8 days or so.

12. prius2x

prius2x New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Awesome! A Blizzard Pearl Prius III w/Nav... my first choice!
    Thanks for the updates and good news!