1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Find Mechanics in Asheville NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robyn K, May 30, 2022.

1. Robyn K

Robyn K New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Greetings! Having some potentially serious issues coming up and wondered if anyone knows any good resources or threads for locating a good hybrid mechanic in Asheville area? Any leads or advice welcome! Took it to a dealership before and boy did I pay.
    Thanks to all, may all be well!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    What years car? They're a few shops around theyre

3. analoggirl

analoggirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is an older thread, but I'm need a really good mechanic in Asheville , Pius is 2011

4. analoggirl

analoggirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you find a mechanic in Asheville?
    I have a 2011, and had been going to Xpertech, but they misdiagnosed a pretty serious issue, charged me a couple hundred dollars for a part I didn't need, and I'm worried I'm going to have blown head gasket due it.
    Can I ask what your issue was, and what your experience was with the mechanic? Any recommendations?TIA!

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I personally do not know anybody in Asheville not in the car business anyway I'm sure there's quite a few mechanics and shops up there that can handle the Prius The Prius is not really that much to handle It's a handful to diagnose and if you have a generation 3 a head gasket issue is part of the ownership basically or you will be out of the car before the mileage comes up in the ownership that the head gasket and the brake actuator assemblies need attention That's why you see all these generation 3s for sale at the magic mileage of around 170 or so thousand miles look on the marketplace look at these cars when they're sold they're all being sold just before these problems generally rear their ugly head and folks are standing there ready to jump to buy them without doing any due diligence at all and then well there you go. So I'm not sure what's wrong with your car what part was replaced and now you think the head gasket will be coming up there's no explanation but that's okay maybe you'll just find a place and explain it to them in ashville. And by the way good luck analog girl. I'm about 2 hours down the mountain alamance Orange county area