1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finding a spot for phone mount, iOttie 4.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Higgins909, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a Iphone 6s in a Otterbox.

I used to have a VaVa vent phone mount. It worked well in my Honda, but not so much in my Prius. It blocked too much of the vent and I mounted it to the top of the vent, where it's actually apart of the dash and it ended up melting off. I've had my iOttie easy one touch 4 for about a week waiting to be installed. I went to go install it and wasn't sure where I wanted to put it. Where I originally wanted to put it was blocking the dash display. I thought about in front of the steeringwheel or next to the tiny side window (why does the prius have so many windows? Never use them) But then I would have to run wires and they would dangle more. I'm not sure if I can mount closer to the shifter (would be harder to look at gps) above the center right vent, where it only blocks the right side of the dash display.

Where should I mount it?
    Higgins909

2. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Nimbus Mount

Replaces the stock shifter with a magnetic mount!

Colton likes this.
  3. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In mine, I bought a ProClip phone mount that attaches to the right side of the center console. Does not interfere with any dash functions. Bought it from the PC store for G3. Sorry I don't have a pic.