1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Finding Dealer Inventory - on and what do you think of Softex?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by jlaibson, Dec 28, 2014.

1. jlaibson

jlaibson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone. After 12 years with the same vehicle, and since 2010 coveting the Prius G3, and now the v, I think I may be close to finally taking the plunge into the Prius family. I REALLY want to take a look at the new color Toasted Walnut Pearl, but my local dealer doesn't have one. When I search the websites of individual dealers - some of them show their inventory, and some show what's available, but not necessarily what's on their lot. I've found 2 walnuts on a website, but can't tell what dealers they're at. VIN numbers are included. I really have no interest in calling and talking to sales people. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to see one, but would prefer to do most of my research online to figure out where to go. Does anyone know of a good way to find out what lot they are on without having to talk to sales people? I'm in Florida.

Also, has anyone had Softex for a couple years, and if so, what do you think of it as a long-term? Does it wrinkle and crack like vinyl?

Very frustrated as others are that the v is so limited in flexible options. If you want anything in the ATP you need a Five and ATP - basically you have to buy top of the line to get any fancy technology upgrades.

I'm hoping to take advantage of year-end incentives, but not sure i can make a deal happen by the 31st.....any suggestions would be much appreciated. Love this car!

2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    JLaibson – Since you are located in Florida, you have to put up with Southeast Toyota Distribution, their available inventory presentation, and their Port-Added, Profit-Booster Add-Ons. Per the Toyota.com H.Q. website, the Model Year 2015 v(vee)s are technically not in dealer showrooms and available for sale yet. However, they are showing up as selection options on the Southeast Toyota website. Therefore, no “new color Toasted Walnut Pearl” can be readily had until the MY2015s are formally offered for sale. As regards taking advantage of the Toyotathon year-end 2014 model close-out incentives being offered, they do not end on 12/31/214, but extend through 01/05/15. Therefore, you have until 01/05/15 to cut a deal and get them.

Unless you only want a 2015, you might consider visiting a local Toyota dealer to see if you can bargain a good “End Of The Month” deal on a 2014 v(vee), with a good trade in on the “Other Non-Hybrid” you are now driving.

SofTex® is great. I have been sitting on/using SofTex® since December 2011. I find it very serviceable. To get SofTex® in a new 2014 v(vee), you will have to target getting a good deal on a Level Five 2014 v(vee). However, if you want to wait for the MY2015s, SofTex® is available beginning with the new Level Four v(vee) being offered in 2015.

IMHO, the Prius v Station Wagon is a “Caddy In A Kimono.” Happy Prius shopping.

#2 catgic, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My softex looked perfect after 2 years and 30k of baby hauling. we have it our Rav now and I prefer the newer iteration they've released. Based on the photos of the '15, I would assume that the v got the updated version, too.

4. jlaibson

jlaibson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks so much for the replies! There are actually 2 or 3 2015 v's on the lot in Gainesville, FL and available for sale. I actually test drove one yesterday (rode great! - I had only test driven the hatchback in the past). Your comment about the incentives ending 1/5 is interesting and could be really helpful information - especially with the cars just now arriving, just a few extra days could make a huge difference. Thanks so much for that info! My main goal right now is to see the walnut in perso.

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    You want SofTex and a non-5 v version, your dealer can arrange to have it installed with a kit offered with parts numbers that show it came from the Southeast Toyota Distributor. I had it added to my '12 v Three and am very happy after 20.5k miles. I didn't trust the fabric on the armrests to last so I preferred the SofTex. Looks absolutely stock. Replaces every place fabric was.

If you want a deal without the SET add-ons, go to the Laurel MD Toyota site (Amtrack to DC, metro from Union Station to BWI and the dealer's internet sales guy will pick you up). Took me 1/2 hour at the dealers and I was driving home and there were no surprises. I knew to the penny what I would pay by bank check. Arrange to have them send you the SET seat cover kit and then find a good auto upholstery place near you. They list their stock online. No trouble with warranty service at my local dealer.

Only other add-ons I bought were DRLs and floor mats.

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Prius options have always been limited. Manufacturers do this to increase profit margins because people will move up the product line to get the feature they want.

Are you sure the 2015 v is included in the Toyotathon offers? It isn't up here.