1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fire Engineer's DNA distribution tour

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hsamrat, Aug 18, 2007.

1. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mad Hatter @ Aug 20 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]499175[/snapback]</div>
    I PM'ed his cell # to you.

2. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey everyone, Just wanted to say Wayne just left my house along with his family about 5 minutes ago. Going to be heading to Ca tomorrow. Also wanted to say that they are a very nice family and he really knows his stuff. Very professional install. Figured I'd share.

3. dsharp88

dsharp88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Like Mad Hatter, I need to let Wayne know NOT to come down to me (in New Orleans) as planned next week. I PM'd him and left a message on his cell phone, but without any response yet. Whoever is on his itnierary, please let him know.

I was supposed to pick up my brand new Prius on Saturday, but a dealer screw-up has put me back waiting up to 60 days for the next one available (I'm holding out for package #4, but at least I can pick one of my preferred colors this way).

Donald

4. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You know, the title of this thread suggests something much more sordid than EBH installation.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Fire Engineer and Co. arrived safely in San Diego local approx. 2:15.

Having a cool down and catching breath before sumptuous Italian dinner.

EBH install to follow approx. 6:30 pm.

Wayne will be using our computer to log on and catch up.

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy @ Aug 21 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]499811[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: I wasn't going to mention that...

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I now own a plug-in. Plug-in what? Why...EBH.

Wayne and Richard are quite the team. Wayne is very knowledgeable on what an EBH does and the best way to install it. He travels complete with everything needed. I told Richard that after a few more installs maybe Wayne will give him a shot at an install.

Richard and Judy kept my parents' dog, Candy, amused. That dog will sleep soundly tonight; she's all tuckered out. Theresa had a chance to catch up on the Sunday comics.

Dinner consisted of: chicken cacciatore, jasmine rice, spinach, fresh garden grown cucumber and tomato salad, various olives, french bread. Desert was chocolate silk pie and creamy peach pie.

Theresa and Judy spent time cooling off in the house while we were chatting with members of the PriusclubSD that came to observe. After the install several members gathered around Wayne to pick his brains on various and sundry geek stuff. He showed off his scangauge. Bill and I were enamoured of his Weathertech window deflectors.

Wayne and Co. will be up very early tomorrow (6 am) to hit the road heading toward the San Francisco Bay area. They plan on taking 805 north to 5 north and then taking old scenic 101 at least part of the way after they're north of L.A.

The Oceanside, Long Beach and West Hollywood installs never confirmed with Wayne so they're heading straight through to S.F.

Wayne was able to spend some time on my parents' computer getting caught up. They cannot get their laptop to work on the road. Even though it detects a wireless hotspot and connects, they still can get on the internet. It's a new PC laptop with Vista. Sorry I couldn't help troubleshoot but I'm a Mac person. He was using my parents' computer to try to troubleshoot the laptop but don't know if they'll have internet access after they leave. He did pick up some messages and may have left some posts here on Priuschat.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the update Godiva!

Yeah he's getting close to my area.. need an update to see if I'm heading across the border on Sat or Sun and to which town in WA lol.

9. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 22 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]500135[/snapback]</div>
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=497495 - seems to indicate that Federal Way, on the 25, is as far as Wayne is making it to the Great White North, eh. Federal Way is quite a drive from BC. Keep in mind that WS DOT has I-5 under heavy construction in Everett and Seattle - both south bound and north bound. I was caught up in traffic heading south through Everett last Sunday.

Before you head out, check WS DOT's website for the latest fark-ups:
    http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/News/2007/08/21_Ra...avingDelays.htm
    http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/I5/Spokan...air/traffic.htm

Sorry, OT post below!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 20 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]499119[/snapback]</div>
    No pork?! Oh, I'm sorry. Out of all the fine meats available, Pork is so hearty and nice.
    I totally agree about gas. It moistens the food too - when you really need a dry heat. You don't always need fancy grills. I'd suggest a grill with a smoke box, this way you can grill _or_ smoke meats.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oly_57mpg @ Aug 22 2007, 12:27 AM) [snapback]500166[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, he hasn't heard back from Federal Way yet. It's about a 3 hour drive I believe to Federal Way.

Thanks for the heads up on I-5. I'll see if my nav's traffic feature can route me around that.. it'll be the ultimate test in its data reliability lol.

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oly_57mpg @ Aug 22 2007, 02:27 AM) [snapback]500166[/snapback]</div>
    I've got acid reflux, high cholestrol and high blood pressure. So no spicy, no salty and no fatty. Pretty much three strikes on that recipe. But I *LOVE* that Big Green Egg.

12. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PhilCase @ Aug 20 2007, 08:15 AM) [snapback]499100[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the link, We have home grown hot hot peppers growing now I know what to do with them. :p

finger food for the FireEngineer, :D and a fire extinguisher near by :p

13. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, to prevent this thread from evolving into the next Emeril Live Cooking Show, BAMB!

I have created a Limited Colector's Edition 2008 Fire Engineer Goes West Souveneir Map free to all Prius Chat Members. No EBH Heater purchase and install required. Void where prohibited by law.

I will update this as I hear more of Fire Engineer's progress. Tune in again tomorrow for:
    "As the Prius Wheels Turn"

Will Fire Engineer and his family get their feet wet in the California surf?
    Will Arnold Schwarzenegger present them with a golden key to the Golden State?
    Will the kids get to see the Yosemite Vally of their father's youth?

Tune in again tomorrow for "As the Prius Wheels Turn"

And now, without further adu about nothing, the map

Edited 8/25/2007 after Wayne and family stoped by and installed my EBH around 12:30 We went out to Mexican Food, and then he started heading due east. He is on the return to Chicago now and will start though the Columbia River Gorge on the way to Salt Lake City, UT.

After leaving Yosemite, they drove up through Northern California through the redwoods and then on to the next EBH install before mine in Medford, OR.

The map is now updated again on 8/27 at 11:45 PM an moved to the third page to record Wayne's familie's further progress.

Attached Files:

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lovely, nomo!! Brilliant idea :)

15. goldprius

goldprius New Member

PLEASE forgive me, everyone & especially Fire Engineer!
    I would like to get the plug-in engine warmer for better mpg as fall
    descends. We do have car ramps. Husband says he feels confident he
    can install me. Major thanks to someone who sent a major photos
    of instruction from another forum link!!!! I have lost that too.

If anyone can show me where to buy the part (could not find
    easily on Prius store), pm would probably be best.
    Since I am a dummy!

THANKS!!!!

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goldprius @ Aug 23 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]501281[/snapback]</div>
    There's going to be another group buy coming up soon. Just keep checking back.

17. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goldprius @ Aug 23 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]501281[/snapback]</div>
    Install you? :D

If hubby decides not to install the heater himself, we're trying to talk FireEngineer into coming to our Central VA meetup on 9/29 to do installations. See this link for more. Even if you don't need the install, we'd love to have you make the trip anyway.

18. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got a call from Wayne last evening confirming he will be in Camas, WA (Portland, OR area) around noon time on Saturday.

Last night (Thurday Aug 23) around 8 PM, he was heading west out of Yosemite. They had a good time there, but it was a quick visit.

Here is what they most likely saw there with a quick trip:

From Tunnel View Point
    [attachmentid=10869]

Tuolumne river with Tuolumne Medows in the Valley, as mentioned in Wayne's earlier post.
    [attachmentid=10867]

Half Dome is a wonderful full day hike. five to six hours going up, two to three hours going down.
    Get your photo standing right on the edge to scare you wife and mother. Just hope it isn't that one time in 10,000 years when the edge breaks away. I know Wayne and his family didn't have the time for this.
    [attachmentid=10873]

On the half dome hike, you climb to the top of Nevada Falls first, then along the Merced River though Little Yosemite Vally. You hike around the back side of Half Dome and when you get near the top, there are cables to pull yourself up the granite that is at about a 45 degree angle.
    [attachmentid=10874]

Close to Yosemite Falls
    [attachmentid=10868]

Leaving at end of day from Tunnel View Point You can see Half dome way in the back, a little left of center.
    [attachmentid=10866]

Attached Files:

19. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Unfortunately, I won't get to meet Wayne and family on this trip :(
    Tomorrow at noon, I'll be performing a wedding in Aberdeen, WA. :D

I hope that his trip through the rainy state of WA goes well...

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A