Firebrid: The Prius v Powered Hybrid Convertible

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Bill the Engineer, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Bill the Engineer

Bill the Engineer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, the day wasn't a total loss after all. Having starting below freezing this morning, the afternoon finally got up to 59F this afternoon. After the yard work was done, I got a couple hours to play in the garage before another responsibility called me away. Life gets busy...

Today I fabricated the first two bridge plates for the interior on the floor behind the front seet area. They were primed with weld-thru primer. The area on the car where they attach was sanded clean and the plates set into position.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next chance I get to go back into the garage, I will weld them into place.

Bill the Engineer

2. Bill the Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not much very photogenic this week. Just continuing with the body-to-chassis welds, then applying primer to stop any rust from forming. Ohio has decided to be 87F and humid all of the sudden.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More next weekend...

Bill the Engineer

3. breakfast

breakfast Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You're bringing the term "Prius Prime" back to its original definition :)

Great to see another weekend update!

4. Bill the Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The new patch panels for the front floor of the Firebird body under the driver's and passenger's feet arrived today.

[​IMG]

I placed one over the rusted-out area on the driver's side to check the fit. They will need a bunch of judicious trimming to go around the Prius V crossmember, but they should do the job just fine. Hoping to get the existing floor prepped tomorrow...

[​IMG]

Bill the Engineer