1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by AzusaPrius, Feb 4, 2023.

1. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Went ahead and got her adjusted since it has been a good 5 years since her last.

Can not let her new Pirelli's get messed up.

The whole ride is much better now.
    Next is a new pair of front shocks to go with the new end links she got not long ago..

The plan to keep the tires good will be alignments every 6 months to a 1 year.

Rotations will be with oil changes every 5k miles 20230204_150328.jpeg 20230204_150417.jpeg

TGrracie and jzchen like this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How much does a Firestone lifetime alignment cost?

3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There was a $20 discount so it was $189.99 total.

4. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think I only had one vehicle with “lifetime” alignment…and that was because it was prone to go out of alignment and the lifetime one was basically the cost of two alignments.

Since then, never had a vehicle need one absent work done on the suspension, and lifetime sometimes doesn’t cover incidents where there is damage or repair work needed…unless perhaps it is done by the same shop.

Grit and Tombukt2 like this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Agreed never needed . My alignment gets done like every three years . AND wen in for my buddy shows me it's not budged a 16 or less or such. Wen you put on struts camber will be off . I can mark it and reassemble to that 16th of easily . Wen the heads go on he's like Daum. That's one thing that will irritate the shite out of me . Poor alignment

6. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I, too, have Firestones lifetime alignment on 1 of my vehicles (an SUV). I've used it enough times to pay for the initial cost. However, the last time I brought the vehicle in, they returned it with all kinds of red on the report indicating areas out of alignment. When I asked the advisor, he told me that an alignment only consists of adjusting the toe in the front end now, and that they will not adjust camber/caster even though it is completely adjustable on my SUV. After getting nowhere with him, I went down the road to a collision shop that is well known for their alignments, albeit at a high price. They adjusted ALL facets of my vehicles alignment to get everything correct.

PriusCamper and Grit like this.
  7. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Classic corporate move... Sells you a service that you can use for a lifetime and then puts so many limits on what that service includes that you're no longer actually getting that service. Soon as I saw OP's pic of their analysis of the alignment job I thought that image is incredibly deceptive and not being clear on the details of the work done. Thanks @PriusGuy32 from saving us from yet another car repair scam!

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  8. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @PriusCamper

The front toes were off and they adjusted them.

Also the steering angle sensor was recalibrated and centered.

PriusCamper likes this.
  9. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    YESSSSS. This thread is the best. 100% on Firestone's Lifetime Alignment. I had it on my first Prius, my CT200h, and I just bought it for my IS500. It was $189 for me too, exactly like the OP said. WELL WORTH IT. This is not like a "warranty" where you may or may not use it. You WILL use it because an alignment is useful anytime you hit a bad pothole, feel the steering wheel is pulling, get new tires, or rotate tires. It always pays for itself. I can't rotate my tires on my IS500 due to the staggered wheel setup so the guy said I could come in every month if I wanted for the alignment. I wont because that's overkill, but you get the point.

As far as Firestone's service goes, I've been going there for 14 years since I got my first Prius and will continue to do so. I've probably sung praises about Firestone in other thread here on PC, lol. They have fast and friendly service, and consistent prices (and coupons) after so many years despite inflation. Overall they do top work, especially for a "chain."

10. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Two cars and 350K miles driven in past 20 years and not once did I get any indication at any point that I needed an alignment job. Never needed one... Though I did boost the tire pressure in the right front of the old Subaru to prevent a slight pull at freeway speed.

11. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your last sentence just proves you needed one! HAHA!

12. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I too have firestone lifetime alignment and I use it every 1.5-2 years or so. Whenever my steering wheel starts to pull to the side.