1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First 5 mins

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by gazz, May 10, 2007.

1. bulek

bulek Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 11 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]439722[/snapback]</div>
    Well... actually I do not have too much experience since my poor car sleeps under blue sky and there is no power plug I could use for EBH.

But yes, it seems it is quite popular in EU - for example on John's web site you can see it on picture mounted in Finnish Prius. Also if you know German (I do not) you can read much more info in PriusWiki.de . "Motorvorwärmer" looks like EBH you are looking for.

- Piotr

2. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ May 11 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]439866[/snapback]</div>
    Wayne,

Just thought I'd let you know that I fitted the DEFA 859, very hard to get hold of in the UK.

I've got the basics of what the car does during the warm up, but seeing as the car will go through the enrichment stage Block heater or not where does the main benefit come from. I am getting better first 5 mins but am not sure why.

Gary