1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First 50 mpg tank!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by subarutoo, Aug 16, 2006.

1. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just filled up tonight for the second time - 479 miles, tank took 9.495 gallons and 51.7 MPG per the MFD!!

Since I put the GasElectricHybrid decals on, I've had quite a few people ask me (especially in the real estate office I work in) how I like it, do I have to plug it in, how many mpg I get, etc.. Some people look positively ILL when tell them, others are suitably impressed. Then there are those who just have to try to worry me by telling me that it'll break down, wait 'til you find out what it'll cost to repair, etc..

2. aolm

aolm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Air conditioning kills the 50 mpg…I try to drive with cruse control. I have mostly highway miles in traffic. I get 50 mpg’s regularly as long as it’s not to hot in here New Jersey.

3. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aolm @ Aug 17 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]305026[/snapback]</div>
    You can say that again!

4. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Aug 17 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]305010[/snapback]</div>
    I have people stop me all the time...guess they just recognize the car....man and his wife waited till I came out of the post office yesterday to ask me about the car...this is so cool.

One of main reasons I got it was to drive it and have people ask about it....best way to promote something is to believe in it enough to have it yourself!!

terri