1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First activist judges, now activist senate...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jun 7, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am married.
    I married my best friend and that is how we think of each other. We are equals. We do not feel the need to have a power play one over the other; no need to designate a 'husband' and an inferior 'wife.'

We call each other during lunch just to talk even though we will see each other at home in the evening. Neither of us changed our names to match the other. Perhaps that's a little too unnormal and unnatural for most people but for us it works just fine.

And you know why I love Melissa Etherige's music? Because when you listen to the words of her songs you realize that she doesn't refer to her lover as "he" or "she". You have to KNOW that she's a lesbian to think any different about her. If any of the known heterosexual country singers decided to sing one of her songs, there wouldn't be the stigma or the controversy.

Do not try to bend the spoon; rather, there is no spoon.
    Do not try to resolve the difference; rather, there is no difference.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikepaul @ Jun 8 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]268148[/snapback]</div>
    Call it anything you want. This is precisely the sort of pro-active mechanism the ardent homosexual community uses, in essence, if you're not down with their cause, you're a bigot.

Hey, if you think what I previously stated makes me a bigot, that's fine by me, you're entitled to your opinion, perspective, and viewpoint, and so is everyone else.

;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 8 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]268149[/snapback]</div>
    ..wait a minute, who ever said the terms "husband" and "wife" implies any sort of superior/inferior position? Maybe there's no spoon in your world, but there sure is in mine.

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]268157[/snapback]</div>
    No, that's not it. Maybe you skipped M-W. Being rock-solid in your beliefs and prejudices is OK as long as you are on the right/correct/fair side of an issue. Like idealism in America being a great place, despite missteps.

You aren't right/correct/fair, so being a bigot just makes you... ummm... pitiable?

"Ardent homosexual community". And anyone ever picked on for being what they are.

Wait. Anyone with basic human decency ever picked on for what they are...
    You know, it's just no fun identifying evil if evil revels in being evil.

Perhaps assurances that being evil will result in a better spot in Heaven drive you? Vote against gay marriage, win a handshake from Jesus on Judgement Day? Never a thought that conflicting instructions in the Bible are a test of what you've learned from it, and Hell awaits those who followed some instructions? Nah, didn't think so...

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikepaul @ Jun 8 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]268187[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:

Ok, so you might not have read the epic gay threads a few weeks ago, but I'll summarize my standpoint once again:

Would I vote against:

gay marriage/equal benefits: no
    gay couple adoption: no

Yeah, I'm pretty anti-gay huh?

:rolleyes:

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]268157[/snapback]</div>
    I was refering to mikepaul's take in post #34
    and Priusguy04's response in post #35
    Often, when two men are together, an onlooking guy will ask, "which one's the woman?" Likewise, when two women are together, the onlookers are trying to figure out which one's more butchy. If you truly believe that there is no difference between women and men - and I mean REALLY believe it - then why on Earth would anyone ask that question? But if you have ever asked that question then you believe that there is a difference and your problems run deeper than just simple homophobia.