1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First and consecutive oil changes

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mrbigh, Apr 22, 2012.

1. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I always order service items specifically from the maintenance book... in other words, do what the manufacturer says it needs, not the say "15k service" the stealer offers that notes "this package may include items in addition to the manufacturer's recommended maintenance."

Always saves me a lot of money. And doing the "$100 air filter service" for $15 in parts and 2 minutes in labor is an easy DIY.

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think sometimes the sales people get confused about what is included in the service package. When my daughter bought her car, the salesman indicated that Toyota Care would be covering the first oil change at 5K. I told her to accept that if indeed it was free, but only if they were going to use the recommended synthetic oil. It turned out that the service dept knew what was due at 5K, and no mention was made of an oil change.

3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've been something of a sucker in the past with respect to dealer-suggested service items. I bought the extended ToytaCare package, and I am going to be telling them do to exactly what is covered under that package and nothing more. Thanks to the posters here for getting me riled up about this. :thumb: