1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Add a soft tooth brush to your detailing kit. Use it to gently remove wax residue inside the chrome letters and between seams too small for your polishing cloths. Also, standard wooden toothpicks are sometimes helpful where the toothbrush is too large.

2. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mr. Clean AutoDry Review

Consumer Reports just reviewed the Mr. Clean AutoDry system in the Sep 2004 issue.

You can pick up an issue for the full scoop, but the bottom line was they said it's an effective system to eliminate water spots (without using a cloth or chamois to dry it after washing).

I have a rain water collection system on my house and I wash my car with rain water. It contains no minerals and that eliminates the spotting.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Mr. Clean AutoDry Review

Except minerals in the air, on the roof, downspouts etc. OK Someone has to bring it up. I just had back surgery. Washing the dog is a chore and she is huge 145lb. If I hand wash we are talking the upper half to 2/3 of the car. Any ideas about auto carwashes.

4. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III

Common misconception - I have a galvalume roof and black plastic tanks (to prevent algae growth). Minerals are dissolved from ground sources. The amount of minerals that rains picks up from the dust in the air is a tiny fraction of what can leach out of the ground. Rain water is essentially distilled water. In 8 years I've never seen a spot on the cars from rain water evaporation.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i use coin car washes. but i have always used the power sprayer to hose off the brush first. been doing that for years.

in the winter time when the car is dirty a lot, coin ops are the only way to go. quick, cheap, effective.

not washing your car in the winter can be a huge mistake in some areas. when i lived in Michigan (they salt the roads like crazy there) if you didnt wash your car at least every other day, you had holes rusted completely thru the metal in a year or less.

6. Gen2

Gen2 Member

I would guess that the more likely problem is acid rain.

https://shop.malms.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CM...PROD=1070564310

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would rather use rain and glacial water filtered down through the ground in this area. Most of the well water in the Olympia area is so mineral free that the US navy allowed the Subs to re-fill their batteries with city water. Remember the slogan "it the Water" Olympia beer is sadly not made with that water any longer as the South Africans bought them out and closed it. We are blessed with really good ground water in most places around here.