1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First day in first Prius, just picked up my '08 Touring yesterday!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jonjonbear, Oct 2, 2007.

1. mnky357us

mnky357us bweverka

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :D Hi This is Bob/Sharon in Cornelius Oregon and it
    seems that we got ours the same day. Red is good
    but ours is Seaside Pearl with package 5. We are
    taking ours in to have the protective coating put on
    the interior at 8:am Friday.

2. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on your wonderful taste in Priuses!

One downside: You'll soon hate to drive "mere mortal" cars.

3. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Oh..
    It is a Touring, package six with XM
    Paid 28559.00 and they threw in the mats as I refused to pay for them because I specifically ordered it without. Down here in tree hugger central they are not very interested in negotiating as people are lined up to buy them..Basically sticker price and the ECO nomic savings is a rip off..They just jack up the price of package six to over 5K making the price a wash. Even with the 1750.00 savings on the sticker it was to the penny what the price was on the "build your own" site with the package six being 4175.00..Was pissed about that but not much I could do..Just happy to get it..

John

I have a Black Touring package 6. I thought the touring would not have the plastic hubcaps. This one does. I popped one off and the rim is smoked. From your pic, I couldn't tell if your's had the caps or smoked rims.

4. c.clark5

c.clark5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

5. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msirach @ Oct 4 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]521560[/snapback]</div>

Yes mine has the plastic wheel covers too..I can see the painted smoked colored rims under them. I ordered a set of the little center wheel caps and will try it but not sure if I will like them. I like the brightness of the silver and wish the actual wheels where the same shiny silver instead of the gray..But it might look good against the red..
    John

6. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonjonbear @ Oct 2 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]520330[/snapback]</div>
    My maternal grandmother is from Bastrop. Of course, living in Austin, I know exactly where it is. Austin isn't tree hugger central compared to Portland or San Diego, but you are correct about the dealers here not budging on tourings. You paid only $300 more than I did for my package 3 w/ dealer crap plus dealer added leather. I bought my touring back in Dec. It was the only one on the lot. One dealership (Hint: the South Austin one closest to you) told me to order one or go to enterprise if I want to test drive one. I went to the dealership just north of Austin, tested it and bought one.

Congratulations on your purchase. There are very few tourings around town. That makes it alot easier to identify your Pree out of dozens in the downtown Whole Foods parking lot on the weekends.

7. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allargon @ Oct 5 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]521763[/snapback]</div>
    How cool is that! :D
    Bastrop is pretty cool..We lived in Austin for nearly 13 years in the Windsor Park neighborhood. That is the neighborhood just north of the Mueller development. We sold our house and built out in Bastrop three years ago. We still commute in every day to UT for work.
    We bought our car at the dealer you speak of in South Austin! Our salesman was pretty nice. I guess we were lucky to get to order the one we got and I told him I would not take it with all that extra mile stuff..I even said I didn't want the floor mats and they put them in anyway..But we ended up getting those free. I also got the extended warranty for 990.00. When they found out that I used to be in the car business and as a matter of fact helped open the Nissan dealership next door to them (the one with the obnoxious parking garage, you know the one. There is an interesting story behind that garage) They quit trying to upsell me.

Anyway we are totally thrilled the the car and so glad we did get the Touring as the suspension feels closer to the Jetta we had.
    I saw the most Prii in one place yesterday outside a dealer here on Campus. I was walking behind the Aerospace Engineering building and there were four in the parking lot..Was pretty cool!

John