1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Drive: 2014 Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 9, 2013.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Only read the complaints. What good is more power if it accelerates slower. I'll pull it up.

2013 Lexus LS600hL Test – Review – Car and Driver

The LS F-sport awd got 6 seconds to 60 and 168 ft breaking from 70. They may need to break in that hybrid system more, but the only positive on the hybrid is bumping up epa city fuel economy from 16 to 19, hwy is the same at 23. It may have seemed like a good idea in the marketing meetings, but the best thing the car has going for it is a hybrid badge versus the lower priced F-Sport.

Audi already is deliverying there luxury cars with the 3L 6cylinder supercharged engine that is in the porsche phev. It gives them much better mpg on the epa test than the V8 lexus hybrid. I don't know about jaguar.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That 3.0 litre supercharged engine from Audi is a beaut. I had an opportunity to try it out on an A7 and it was so smooth and the power was great. It was so effortless to climb this one steep hill back home(the same one in the Prius would have it revving at max torque rpm).

austingreen likes this.
  3. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

no commentary
    '

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Isn't the Panamera based on the platform of that really high end VW some years back. It was cancelled for poor sales(in the US at least) around 2005 or so.

5. seftonm

seftonm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Or you can compare to the upcoming 3.0 TDI as well. 0-60 in 6.4s, 28mpg combined, and AWD.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Be aware that these two are of the old Panamera S Hybrid. The ones you want are the "Panamera S E-Hybrid"

JMD and austingreen like this.
  7. Mr.Electric

Mr.Electric Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I commuted on a 125 cc 4 stroke scooter for about a year. Got close to 100 mpg from a vehicle that costs less than $3k new. Safety is the main issue with most personal transportation vehicles. I never had an accident, quit while I was ahead. My main motivation for risking life and limb on two wheels was lack of parking downtown. When my work location changed to an area with a parking lot I transitioned to the Prius immediately. Now I get 50 mpg and lug around 3000lbs everywhere I go.