1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FIRST DRIVE REPORT: 2016 TOYOTA MIRAI

Discussion in 'Fuel Cell Vehicles' started by hill, Aug 25, 2015.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought Toyota said a TMC fuel cell version of the model S was going to Cost less than the model S. Are they now saying it will be a lot more expensive? I don't understand. I assume like the Lexus LS it won't handle or accelerate as well as a gen II model S in 2020. What is the advantage? That it can refuel at a couple of hundred hydrogen stations around the world? Perhaps that will work in Japan where foreign cars don't sell, but why would an american, or european, or a Chinese pay more for a fuel cell Lexus LS than a Tesla model S or a mercedes S500 phev?

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The profile looks like a Model S. Will it have a frunk?

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    By the looks of the Mirai - already loaded under the hood - and the big hydrogwn tanks in the back so that it only seats four, it would be highly unlikely a hydrogen Lexus could actually have a frunk. It'd do well just to cram the 5th seat in it. And if they made it bigger so that it could at least seat 5 (no where near Tesla's 7 seat capability) it'd do worse than Mirai's 60 something mpge - especially if it gets the kind of power (and handling) folks have come to expect from a Lexus. But hey - some believe in the possibility of 5 miracles - so you never know .... maybe it too, will magically get mpge's in the 90's like tesla ... maybe it too will have about 700hp & go from 0 to 60 in 2.8 deconds. It could happen ... Maybe. and who cares .... at least it'll look nice.

#203 hill, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015