1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Enginer PHEV Installation in Portland Or Area

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dan2l, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2 years? For the realforce cells or the inverters?

-Tapatalk

2. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Tapatalk,
    Interesting question, But first the Enginer system does not have an inverter, I assume you are talking aout the DC-DC converter.

Anyway, I was thinking of the cells, But you are right the converters also have a high failure rate. My experiance was that the packs were generally abandoned because of bad cells. However now that all the Warantees are void, I expect that the converter will also contribute to the system life being only 2-3years.

Thanks,
    Dan

3. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Everyone,
    Last spring I pulled all the extra batteries out. The Enginer system is setting on the floor next to the car. I have now been driving as a regular Prius for 3 months. I still get 60-65pmg just as a regular Prius. I think the attention that I gave to the PHEV process has improved my driving habits so that the mileage is improved.

I do keep the tires aired to high pressure and have a lot of grill blocking in place and I sometimes plug in the EBH to pre-warm the car. If I EV the last mile home and bring the car in at 45%, then I can hook up the Enginer box and recharge the HV to 70% in the garage. I do not do that very often.

Thanks,
    Dan