1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First error display in 3 years

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by tonyrenier, Jun 4, 2012.

1. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yesterday, my vehicle stability control light came on along with the ABS symbol. I stopped the car and turned it back on and the car would not come out of Park.
    I restarted the car and was able to shift into drive but, both symbols remained and the MFD showed no regenerative braking and the brakes were clearly mechanical only by sound and feel.
    I think I took a rather short trip with the parking brake partially engaged, I was talking to my son who was home for the weekend.
    I set and released it several times with no results.
    I finally parked the car, set the brake and checked for codes in my Scangauge-none. But, I did a "clear codes" anyhow.
    I've only driven home yesterday and this morning to work. So far, nothing unusual, I have my fingers and stubby little toes crossed.
    Anyone have a similar incident?
    Thanks

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You might try posting this in the Gen III forum. The Prius v is a bit new for this sort of trouble.

Tom

tonyrenier likes this.
  3. tonyrenier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Whoops!
    And thanks Tom, I moved it.
    Tony

4. tonyrenier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yesterday, my vehicle stability control light came on along with the ABS symbol. I stopped the car and turned it back on and the car would not come out of Park.
    I restarted the car and was able to shift into drive but, both symbols remained and the MFD showed no regenerative braking and the brakes were clearly mechanical only by sound and feel.
    I think I took a rather short trip with the parking brake partially engaged, I was talking to my son who was home for the weekend.
    I set and released it several times with no results.
    I finally parked the car, set the brake and checked for codes in my Scangauge-none. But, I did a "clear codes" anyhow.
    I've only driven home yesterday and this morning to work. So far, nothing unusual, I have my fingers and stubby little toes crossed.
    Anyone have a similar incident?
    Thanks​

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/first-error-display-in-3-years.110206/#ixzz1wpx9OOcK

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. tonyrenier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's been OK since Sunday, keepin' 'um crossed.

7. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Loose connection on the 12V possibly? If you need to borrow a techstream cable, i can loan you mine.

8. tonyrenier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the offer, that's very generous. My Scangauge showed no codes, so I'll let it be for now, no error messages have appeared since Sunday. I really suspect that the parking break, which I only use when visiting my 95 year old mother (daily) was stuck part way. I check immediately when I use the brake now and if anything happens I'm fortunate enough to work close to the Toyota dealer I bought and get it serviced at.
    Of course, he could blame my "Big Boy" horns which they refused to install, so I did.
    Oh well, life not in the fast lane.
    Again, thanks,
    Tony