1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First few days with my new 2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kstephens, Mar 2, 2012.

1. kstephens

kstephens New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I love this car!! It is my first totally new car ever - so that is a big part of it, but I truly love everything about it. I look forward to driving now. It is almost like a video game, as my entire goal is to maximize MPG. I have two year old (almost three) twins, and they enjoy it as well. I was coming from a 2010 tacoma 4 door. It really was a tight fit for two car seats in the back seat of the truck - but with the prius we all have plenty of room.

I went with the Prius three, silver with dark gray interior. The entune connect is awesome. I am learning a ton from this site and you all - So I thought I would drop in and say and thanks for the great info. I will post some pics soon.

2. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will continue to be impressed for a long time.

1 person likes this.
  3. dalspot

dalspot One foot off the grid

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats! We just brought our 2012 FOUR in Sea Glass Pearl home tonight. I decided I was in love with the car after about 8 miles! So glad I chose the '12 over the '11.

1 person likes this.
  4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations to both of you. May the love for your new car never fade. After 2.5 years I still enjoy getting in the car every morning.

1 person likes this.
  5. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know how you feel. We just passed our 1 year mark & we still love our 10 Prius. We got such a smoking deal on the 10 when the 11's came out that we couldn't pass it up. And since the 11's didn't have any real changes over the 10 it was a no brainer. :D

1 person likes this.
  6. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Funny how u described it perfectly the way how I try to explain it to freinds & others who "don't get why u drive a prius", I say "it's fun kinda like a video game" & they all give me that blank stare as in what r u talking about. Oh well, some people will never get it;). BTW, :welcome: & congrats.

7. 2sk21

2sk21 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

Well said - the phrase "fun to drive" has an entirely different meaning in a Prius than in a regular car. As a new owner, I was entranced by the energy display and I still turn it on occasionally for fun.

8. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats to you too! I brought my 2012 Winter Grey home on Monday. The Prius is an easy car to fall in love with. For me I didn't even look at the 2012's at first, only after a bad trade offer at the first dealership did I go off to Carmax Toyota and got my new ride from them. So glad that I things worked out the way they did. The 2012 was only $1200 more; well worth it for the improved interior, the BT, and the DRLs.

9. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.